Recabling headphones

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by Munki, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Munki

Munki Member

Does anyone know where I might be able to get that done in Sydney? Thinking of getting my ESW9 re-cabled as the stock ones are a bit thin and flimsy...

2. connico

connico Member

You can do them yourself if you dare?? Have you got the replacement cable built??

3. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I would think perhaps a dedicated hi-fi may be able to do this, or at least point you in the right direction.

4. connico

connico Member

Messaged a mate that does this kind of thing, he contracts for JVP in Marrickville on his spare time.

YMMV though

5. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Kameron @ Krispy Kables may be who you are after as he is in NSW and is a retail hifi outlet and offers recabling services.

6. OP
    OP
    Munki

Munki Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to have to see if I can source my own cable to get this done. I saw the price on some cables at Krispy Kables, and they're worth almost as much as the headphones...:shock:

7. connico

connico Member

Lol those cables are quite high end... I'd just call and ask mate you'll find they can source more affordable cables...

if you're finding it hard to get professional help I'd have a crack for you, I've done a few already for myself :p

8. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

You have to call them up to get a quote on a recabling service done for your headphone. Last I heard on stereonet, some guy had his Beyer's recabled and it wasn't that expensive.

9. yestime

yestime Member

I've done it for my ATH-ESW9LTD and ATH-ESW10JPN. It's not hard to do. Just got to be very careful dismantling the earcaps and soldering the small cable to the headphone drivers.