Reccomend me an MP3 Player!

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Terminatus, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Terminatus

Terminatus New Member

Hi all,

Basicly I am after a portable MP3 player. So naturaly I would go for an iPod right? WRONG. My last mp3 player was the 160Gb iPod classic and it was great untill it broke, probably good timing as my requirements in an MP3 player have changed a little.

I want an MP3 player with preferably 100Gb + capacity, I have alot of cds that I have ripped and whatnot and I want to be able to put everything on it.

I want to be able to use it like an external HDD.

I want to be able to play the songs stored on the MP3 player through my PC without having a program in between it and the pc. I will be building a carPC eventually and I want to be able to just plug the mp3 player in via USB, have the library update and play without too much fuss, then when I find somewhere to park I want to unplug my mp3 player and walk off listening to my music, and when I get home I can plug the mp3 player into my ps3 and have it play with minimal fuss.

Battery life isnt a huge concern as I will either have it charging in the car, on my desk or at most it will be away from a charger for about 1 1/2 hours while I am on the train heading to work.

I dont mind going for lesser capacity if it is exactly what I am after, as I probably dont actually have more than 100Gb of music, but it certainly is prefered.

Cheers in advance!

2. m0tyrider

m0tyrider Member

It sounds like you just need something basic...
    How about something like this

http://www.exeltek.com.au/secure/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_4&products_id=1275

Does everything you would want, assumes it would just appear as a removable device which is what you want.

But it doesn't look very compact...kinda bulky

EDIT: Even something along these lines...http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-players/wolverine-data-mvp-120gb/4505-6490_7-31799122.html

Or those creative players seem ok as well, also iRiver.
    Lots of options just hard to know what to get!
    Can always just get a portable 2.5inch hard disk for the car and ps3 and just a cheap >10gb mp3 player for portability?

3. Knobi

Knobi Member

WTFFFFFFFFF is thattttt?

4. RAtSAcK

RAtSAcK Member

No idea. Wish I knew! :lol:

5. OP
    OP
    Terminatus

Terminatus New Member

This looks pretty much perfect, you seem to be able to transfer off usb sticks or anything so it looks like it is exactly what i need and completely future proof with 2 SD slots and a removable sata drive.

it does seem a little big, i mean 13.5 cm long isn't small but it should fit in a pocket easy enough i think.

Anyone had experience with the Vosonic VP5500? there doesn't seem to be alot of reviews for it around, and the ones that are around don't specify music transfer method.

6. stenchlord

stenchlord Member

How big are your pockets lol. 13.5cms is huge for a portable device. Like carrying around a CD case in your pocket lol.