1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

recommend a brand of soy milk

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by alexb618, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

I'm not totally clear, what do you think soy milk tastes like?

I usually pick up bonsoy when it's $3.50 at coles/woolies (goes on sale pretty regularly for around that), although I've started feeling a bit bad about it being imported stuff so usually go with Pureharvest because it's cheapest yet still a lot better than So Good, or Vitasoy (they make a barista version although it's loaded up with crap. Tastes good though).

I vaguely remember macro organic being good but I haven't seen it around in ages (maybe because I only go to coles, might have been a woolies product).

2. Alqemist

Alqemist Member

Love soy milk, tastes great to me. Soyboy is my favourite. Bonsoy is ok. Vitasoy is too sweet.

I like almond milk but not for coffee, too thin, I have almond in smoothies.

The missus loves macadamia milk, she has it in her morning protien shake, I dont really like the taste of it and it probably wont do well in coffee.

Used to drink a fair bit of Zymil but its really sweet, too sweet for me now, I think because they convert the lactose to sucrose?

3. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

Why don’t you guys buy a cow and get the real thing from its teats?

4. shino

shino Member

vitasoy. now owned by coke. they're the best. or try yummy rice milk

5. Matthew kane

Matthew kane Member

rice milk ain’t that bad tbh.

6. jfat

jfat Member

Because you don't need to get it from cows, simple, oats are easier to milk ;)