1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend an android smart tv box?

Discussion in 'Newbie Lounge' started by vespas, Nov 16, 2014.

1. vespas

vespas Member

Thinking of getting a android smart tv box for streming and watching shows. anyone got recommnedations a31 s802, rk3188, rk3288 or other boxes

2. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

I would go for a low end Intel NUC + Kodi personally. Tried an android box in the past and it just didn't cut the mustard for me, too buggy and slow for certain tasks. A NUC is little pricier but worth it IMO. I haven't tried any Android boxes lately, but I do know that the Nexus Player has been getting favourable reviews lately.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  3. TheNek

TheNek Member

4. VoldoX

VoldoX Member

I have 4 android streaming boxes using plex and the best one is the midnight box mx2 from Amazon

5. X-ZemPt

X-ZemPt Member

I use Plex Media Server for my media streaming at home.
    I've recently been using a Chromecast as a Plex client/player. You use your iOS or Android Plex app to select your media and then it passes off the media to the Chromecast.

I am also using an Apple TV 3 with PlexConnect in the living room, and previous to that a Mac Mini.

I'm hugely impressed with how well the ChromeCast works, including the fact you can use it with both the Android and iOS Plex apps...