1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendation For An Image Hosting Service

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by ibace, Jan 27, 2022.

1. ibace

ibace Member

Ideally one where it is possible to create "Albums" where images may be uploaded and then a share URL provided for the Album itself...so a bunch of images may be shared through the 1 Album...by providing just 1 URL to the Album...rather than having to give a separate URL for every image uploaded...

BONUS POINTS: Within the Album...the ability to maximise a picture to its' default resolution would be terrific...rather than small pics only...

2. Copie

Copie Member

Imgur

3. OP
    OP
    ibace

ibace Member

got an account there...had it for yonks...but for the life of me I cannot find a way to share a single URL for the Album...sure you can create different Albums...move images around within the Album..but effed if I can see how to share the album itself...so that anyone following the 1 URL can view everything inside the album...but cannot go "up the tree" searching for other content outside the Album...clue me in if I've got this wrong...

4. havabeer

havabeer Member

Google drive?

5. OP
    OP
    ibace

ibace Member

Looks like Google Drive may be the go...testing as this time...

6. Groff

Groff Member

7. VirtualNinja

VirtualNinja Member

Surprised no one has mentioned Google photo's, It does everything the OP asks for and is easy to use.

8. vladtepes

vladtepes Member

or self-hosting with piwigo :)

9. rg144

rg144 Member

If it's photography you're after flickr has many pros here particularly if you want to display regarding EXIF data.
    If it's just random images/pics, I much prefer imgur & imgbb for albums, also quick and easy to embed images (via URL) into places like forum posts here.

Example of imgbb albums here: https://fcarreiro.imgbb.com/albums

Obv Google & Microsoft are more cloud storage oriented- and provide user level access control (specify by a person's email who can/cant view); where-as the others generally only have public/hidden/private visibility options. All have albums and shareable URL's.