1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendation for wireless closed gaming headset

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by Rusty X5, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Looking at maybe replacing my Logitech G933. Basically looking at similar thing, good sound, good mic, decent battery and wireless range, and need to be closed ear cup style. Looking at paying upto $300, maybe $400 if they dope.

I usually dont mind logitech products, been alittle disappointed with my G933 though. Had a few reset problems and such at the start, now need to turn them on and off to make both headphones to work. And sometimes that dont work and I need to bash them to make them work. In saying that, probably the longer lasting wireless headset i'd had though. Not sure if the G935 if have improved on the 933..but yer, willing at look at other options also.

Thanks

2. skipp1981

skipp1981 Member

Dude, i am here for EXACTLY the same reason today, my 933s have been a great headset, but they just dont seem to be loud enough, or play well enough anymore.

Ive been looking into some sennheiser 38x, and getting a dac/amp to give them the extra bit of oomph. also looking at getting a gombo of gsp500 and gsx 1000, as they seem to be made for each other, but struggling to make my mind up as there arent many people around me who really get into this side of things.

Best of luck with your search, it can be daunting!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  3. Ghoatman

Ghoatman Member

I have a set of Arctis Pro Wireless, I love them, wouldn't mind a bit more bass. They have excellent wireless range, and you can pair them to your phone and take phone calls while still connected to your PC.

Elmf likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

haha, thx for reply. There are many options, so hard to decide, wont be full on it though (dac/amp) so how we go lol.

Nice, I think there might be upgraded versions on them, will check them out, thx

5. skipp1981

skipp1981 Member

i ordered a creative labs g6 on friday, on sale for $189, so will see how it goes lol. SStill unsure what i want ot do with headsets, so grabbed a set on Fleabay, gsp500s, till i can work out what the hell i want lol

6. OP
    OP
    Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

Just an update. Decided to go with the Audio Technica ATH-G1WL

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/48022/audio-technica-ath-g1wl-wireless-gaming-headphones

Compared to my old G933 they not too bad, sound is great, better then G933 imo and mic does the job, i'd prefer a retractable mic, but this with a detachable one is fine. Wireless range is lacking though, battery life fairly standard (cant say i've fully tested it out) but the whole headset seems fairly 'bare bones' for the price. No battery indictor, no software. Been spoilt with Logitech for too long I guess, but for $270, if they didnt sound amazing I maybe would have sent them back. Oh well, hopefully these last a while.

skipp1981 likes this.
  7. randomman

randomman Member

8. OP
    OP
    Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

True, reasons like this is why I took so long to finally jump into win 10 from win 7. And after reading this article, now I know why my $150 BT headphones I got for my phone wont detect on my PC which my mobo has BT..zzz

9. randomman

randomman Member

All Bluetooth headphones/headsets should still detect and connect now but they just can't use AAC so would fallback to the lesser audio quality codecs (can't recall off the top of my head). Headsets currently have the two output device rubbish though.

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Member

Not sure if you've already got yourself a set but I've been thoroughly impressed with the new official Xbox headset. Especially combined with the Dolby Atmos app on both PC and Xbox.

I did have to purchase the additional Xbox USB dongle as my mobo doesn't have inbuilt Bluetooth for the PC side of things.

11. davros123

davros123 Member

Mini-necro

What did you end up getting?

12. OP
    OP
    Rusty X5

Rusty X5 Member

They still going well atm, no problems yet anyway.

davros123 likes this.