Recommended monitors to work with macOS and m1? Looking at a Dell S2722QC

Discussion in 'Apple Desktop Hardware/Software' started by passwordistaco, Nov 24, 2021.

1. passwordistaco

passwordistaco Member

I'll try keep this short. I have a Dell U2720Q that works beautiful with my work MBP, and my personal MBP. Love it. It was costly but worth it.

My partner has just gone back to study full-time, and we're looking to buy her a monitor. She uses an M1 MBA. She doesn't care what she has, but I was hoping to buy her a 27" 1440p/4k monitor with USB-C - she loves the one cable solution that I have (so USB-C is a must).

I saw the Dell S2722QC is on sale through Dell eBay for $369. Decent price down from $649 RRP. Does anyone have experience with the Dell S Series? The ONLY review I've read online for this monitor series suggests its poor with macOS, as the monitor doesn't present text clearly enough. Any thoughts?

https://www.dell.com/en-au/shop/del...2qc/apd/210-bccw/monitors-monitor-accessories

I didn't think it mattered too much about OS, and more about screen quality. Throwing it out to you all - anything I need to consider?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021