1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Ravennoir, Jun 17, 2016.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

No, any XBox 360 version is backwards compatible with XBox One (including retail/disc). All versions can get the 4K update too for XBoxOneX.

None whatsoever. Revolver is a very different game, much more arcade-like and less story driven. You can skip it and not miss anything story wise. The references to it aren't much more than a single conversation in RDR2, and that's more of an Easter egg for fans.

Trivia time: did you know that Red Dead Revolver actually started life as a Capcom-published project developed by Angel Studios, and a spiritual sequel to the arcade and NES game Gun.Smoke? The project wasn't going well, and Rockstar bought the team doing it, and it survived as Rockstar management liked the look of it.

DangerMaus likes this.
  2. power

power Member

in context of the story i wonder how this would even work

3. melatonin

melatonin Member

I just had a horse and cart fall out of the sky onto the road and die, pretty random.

4. power

power Member

Damn Pinkerton's - article is worth a read for the comment section alone.

https://www.destructoid.com/rocksta...red-dead-redemption-2-characters-539011.phtml

5. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Good watch, if you haven't seen it.

elvis likes this.
  6. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Totally addicted to this game, so many tiny details that build on the experience. As a PC player my thumbs are not happy and I still find the console controller abhorrent for shooting but I'm past the frustration phase and I've been able to readjust the controls a few times as I've got more used to aiming. I'm only a little way into chapter 2 but I can see myself playing hundreds of hours.

Sorry if it's been covered already but does anyone have tips for supplying and leveling up the camp?

How easy is it for a console noob to setup KB and mouse control on xbox? My understanding is that it's not officially supported but you can use a third party program to get it working.

7. power

power Member

supply and level up the camp quickly by progressing through the story missions.

8. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I wanted to avoid them for as long as possible which I guess is why I still can't fish :(.

That requires windows 10 doesn't it?

9. power

power Member

progressing the story is pretty important to unlock the world properly.

it does require W10

Sanity_Smith likes this.
  10. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I'm not even close to running out of things to do so far, i'll do some story missions if I start to notice restrictions. Thanks for the info

11. power

power Member

The story is pretty long and it takes quite some time to lock yourself out of some stuff but the amount of extra stuff you unlock by actually doing the story makes it very worthwhile.

12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Would that also be preventing me from giving the pen to the woman and the lollies to the kid?

13. power

power Member

nope.

14. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

So you can't or it has to be the "right" lollies and pen?

15. power

power Member

i admit i had to look these up as they were a little obtuse - the pen is definitely a case of having the correct one.

DangerMaus likes this.
  16. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Not even sure if the lollies is possible TBH as it didn't give me a mission like the pen, it was just something the kid mentioned. The pen I got was part of a story mission so I assumed it would be the right one.

The only thing that slightly bugs me is getting punted into a mission when talking to someone without looking at the map markers. I'll be doing something then stop and talk and suddenly we are riding off somewhere and people are yelling "Arthur! We're waitin' on you!". Wait? What? I was going to find the next treasure map! I like the fluid and dynamic nature of the quests, characters and events too much to be put off by it though.

Oh, is there prospecting in the game? I found a prospector and thought a minigame would be cool.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  17. power

power Member

i don't think so, there's something a bit LIKE that but no.

18. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I only had to do one more mission to unlock the camp upgrades. :thumbup:

19. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

Put some time in and finally finished this. Good overall but I'm not going to bother with online nor will I probably play more the SP afterwards. I got way too much I've missed honestly in other games.

Got the good ending for Arthur. He definitely grew on me. Initially he started from my POV as a brainless yes man thug, but as shit goes south slowly you can see him waking up to what's going on and develops himself and a personality. Even the end where he pauses to thank his horse was a mini kick in the guts. I'm just annoyed I didn't get to put an explosive shotgun shell in Micah's head.

Next to Arthur I have to say my other favourite character was Sadie who was just a massive BAMF once she started doing things her own way.

20. trop

trop Member

Yeah that whole horse goodbye bit was one of the saddest things I have ever seen in a game. I rode 95% of the game with that one horse too, so it really got to me.