Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Ravennoir, Jun 17, 2016.

1. melatonin

melatonin Member

You'ld be further in than me, I just saved some guy from a turtle cult lol

2. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I would love to do a prick play thru but I like Arthur ‘nice guy’ Morgan too much :lol:

3. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I bit the bullet (Teeheehee) and got a console to play this and RDR. Been wanting to play RDR for years but I haven't owned a console since the PS1 and kept thinking it would be ported. I'm guessing Rockstar will announce RDR2 for PC tomorrow :lol:.

I've heard playing RDR first will flesh out the world a bit more and add some background and detail but isn't essential for the experience.

Someone told me that I need the GOTY edition of RDR in order for it to be backwards compatible, is that true? Is it just the one x improved data?

Is knowledge of RD Revolver important to either of the other titles?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  4. melatonin

melatonin Member

Huh?

5. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

That was my reaction and hence why I'm asking...

6. melatonin

melatonin Member

Backwards compatible with what exactly?

7. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

No, any XBox 360 version is backwards compatible with XBox One (including retail/disc). All versions can get the 4K update too for XBoxOneX.

None whatsoever. Revolver is a very different game, much more arcade-like and less story driven. You can skip it and not miss anything story wise. The references to it aren't much more than a single conversation in RDR2, and that's more of an Easter egg for fans.

Trivia time: did you know that Red Dead Revolver actually started life as a Capcom-published project developed by Angel Studios, and a spiritual sequel to the arcade and NES game Gun.Smoke? The project wasn't going well, and Rockstar bought the team doing it, and it survived as Rockstar management liked the look of it.

DangerMaus likes this.
  8. power

power Member

in context of the story i wonder how this would even work

9. melatonin

melatonin Member

I just had a horse and cart fall out of the sky onto the road and die, pretty random.

10. power

power Member

Damn Pinkerton's - article is worth a read for the comment section alone.

https://www.destructoid.com/rocksta...red-dead-redemption-2-characters-539011.phtml

11. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Good watch, if you haven't seen it.

12. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Totally addicted to this game, so many tiny details that build on the experience. As a PC player my thumbs are not happy and I still find the console controller abhorrent for shooting but I'm past the frustration phase and I've been able to readjust the controls a few times as I've got more used to aiming. I'm only a little way into chapter 2 but I can see myself playing hundreds of hours.

Sorry if it's been covered already but does anyone have tips for supplying and leveling up the camp?

How easy is it for a console noob to setup KB and mouse control on xbox? My understanding is that it's not officially supported but you can use a third party program to get it working.

13. power

power Member

supply and level up the camp quickly by progressing through the story missions.

14. cmi83

cmi83 Member

I managed to get the xbox to stream to PC, then use KB/mouse. Worked pretty well for a free solution but requires some mucking around

15. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I wanted to avoid them for as long as possible which I guess is why I still can't fish :(.

That requires windows 10 doesn't it?

16. power

power Member

progressing the story is pretty important to unlock the world properly.

it does require W10

cmi83 likes this.
  17. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I'm not even close to running out of things to do so far, i'll do some story missions if I start to notice restrictions. Thanks for the info

18. power

power Member

The story is pretty long and it takes quite some time to lock yourself out of some stuff but the amount of extra stuff you unlock by actually doing the story makes it very worthwhile.

19. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

Would that also be preventing me from giving the pen to the woman and the lollies to the kid?

20. power

power Member

nope.