1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Ravennoir, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

Okay, but I doubt that though. I doubt that a lot. A lot. A real lot. Like heaps... :|

Just like I doubt a trillion dollar company like Rockstar couldn't easily have implemented a PC version alongside their console versions.

2. asho444

asho444 Member

the only trillion dollar company im aware of is microsoft . . . also money isnt everything, sure it helps.
    also these games are complex as hell, porting isnt easy, but i bet your one of the first to get angry too when people do a shitty port.

Also is did Rockstar force anyone to buy the game on a different platform or did they want to buy it because they enjoyed it. Walker doesn't seem mad that he bought the game 3 times.

3. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

Who's mad? If I were Rockstar I'd do the same thing.

4. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

I'm good with that sentence up to the word "easily".

QA on a game the scale of RDR2 on a very locked down platform like a games console is enormous.

QA on a game the scale of RDR2 on hardware as variable as PC is enormous to the power of however many combinations of hardware vendors and drivers exist.

I'm certain they have an engine running. I'm not so certain they've got a game working to a level where the bugs are few enough to avoid the age of PC Master Race for the sin of having a game out with day-one bugs and patches.

Spend some time working with QA folk on software that's small scale and boring, and you'll quickly find that just throwing money at a problem doesn't always guarantee you of a solution. Scale that up to a game this size, and there are logistics and challenges your tiny mind hasn't even considered yet.

FerrisXB9R likes this.
  5. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

If you're wrong, you're wrong. Writing a small novel on OCAU isn't going to change that.

6. elvis

*Ding* - oooh my microwave popcorn is ready!

FerrisXB9R likes this.
  7. asho444

asho444 Member

No offence but I feel like someone working in a school it department? Doesn't quite have the same grasp on the complexities of development as say some one with decades of experience... *cough* elvis *cough*

Also elvis almost exclusively talks in novels ha ha

8. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I’m starting to think they might be waiting for RDR remake and release it on PC first before RDR2.

9. elvis

I'd love to see the first one get some PC loving. Brilliant story that needs to be made more easily available to audiences.

10. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

Is the final chapter of this game worth completing? I got up to where the main character's story ended and didn't pursue it beyond there.

11. Xepper_Pepper

Xepper_Pepper New Member

Since when do I work in a school I.T department?

12. elvis

RDR2 is the prequel. RDR1 the sequel.

If you enjoyed RDR1, then yes, the last bits of RDR2 fit in nicely to the story.

If you didn't play RDR1 or don't care for the story, probably not.

13. power

power Member

I like this, it reminds me of flying the eagle about in AC games which I also like.

WD modders, and can we have this game on PC already.

https://www.polygon.com/red-dead-re...tion-2-mods-bird-simulator-video-ps4-xbox-one

walker_2003 likes this.
  14. Trizae

Trizae Member

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I really need to finish this game. It's such a masterpiece. It's on the list after Horizon Zero Dawn.

Sux about no 60fps on ps5 etc but it runs pretty sweet on my pc.

jjjc_93 and Trizae like this.
  16. Trizae

Trizae Member

Seems a 'next gen' 60fps rt etc update maybe coming actually in regards to them winding RDR online down actually, here. Which would be nice!

But you really should walker_2003 game is brilliant even better on PC (I never played GTAV until I got the PC port glad I did!)

Story was brilliant and one of the best open worlds I've ever seen so much to do and find still even years later.

17. jjjc_93

jjjc_93 Member

It will probably be released as a new game for PS5/XS, as they did with GTA-V. Pretty lame behaviour really but the game definitely deserves an update for current gen consoles. Rockstar could do with some good will points from gamers after their handling of the gta trilogy release, but good press doesn't pay the bills I guess.

I would love to see the Xbox One X version of RDR make its way to PC as well, but maybe I'll just pick up a cheap one-x one day to play that one instead of wishing my life away :p

Trizae likes this.
  18. Trizae

Trizae Member

I think what is speculated is a free update for those who own it since they've abandoned it....actually evening typing that sounds inane it will most likely will end up $150+ for double deluxe horse manure edition :lol:

I didn't pay for GTAV came for free for us if you owned a PS5 checked it out and its nice but Rockstar management is all over the shop the RT updates and next gen update to GTAV was nice but then realise my pc edition of V doesn't have any of those updates :rolleyes: hahaha

They are eating way to well due to GTA Online and the amount of money it brings, here's to GTAVI where we can do it all over again and no PC version at launch :p

jjjc_93 likes this.
  19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yeah I really should but like witcher 3. The game intimidates me. It's in a class above all other open worlds.

Its not the kind of game you can just pickup and throw 20 Mins at. Is quite alot going on and need to dedicate alot of time to it and it only and as a result I usually end up sticking to MP games or simpler games and sort of gate keeping myself away from amazing deep SP games with excuses.

I have been better lately though I haven't bought a few good games at release lately like I normally would and have been playing through my backlog of must plays.

Recently finished ghost of tsushima and on my way to finishing horizon zero dawn and RDR2 is next on list before I try horizon forbidden west.

I also hear witcher 3 is getting remaster so I have another excuse not to finish that epic thing.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    Trizae and jjjc_93 like this.
  20. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

I disagree. My third playthrough has been solely 20-30min sessions when I feel like it or have the time. You can easily complete one or two missions, do a bounty, do some hunting or just ride around and enjoy the scenery.