1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

The biggest change over console apart from gfx and fps is how much easier it is to aim. Aiming in console version was shocking even by controller standards. You needed to mess with acceleration etc heaps to get it somewhat decent and even then it had like an artificial 50ms input lag on top of native input lag. It's heaven actually being able to shoot guys quickly where I want to.

2. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

you need a 2080ti for gta5 btw

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

FTFY

ChinoPD likes this.
  4. power

power Member

this is fine

already a cool trainer

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2-trainer/

https://www.mod-rdr.com/files/file/7-lennys-simple-trainer/

https://www.mod-rdr.com/wiki/list-of-rdr2-ped-models/

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

8 pages later, nobody's talking about if they're enjoying the game, only what frame rates they're getting. *sigh*

Drizz06, 2SHY, xcessive303 and 3 others like this.
  6. pittster

pittster Member

7. power

power Member

8. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

It's because they can't load or it's crashing. It's another mess of a launch with another rush it get it out of the door just so they can make more $$$$. It's ok because we get to hear from the companies again "we are sorry and we do better next time" or "it's what the players wanted".

Getting to hear all the same BS from PR is getting old since we all know it's, we only care about $$ and an empty promise with apology is easier to say because each day is $$$$ a day we are losing in MTX/easy money. They know people are dumb arse's and a weak apology will work on them for a half arsed released effort.

9. soho

soho Member

Will we see performance improvements with future patches? I haven't really kept up with Rockstar's track record with ports and fixing their games. I played GTA V long after the initial PC release and performed quite nicely though.

At 1440p my 1080ti is sweating bricks with a mixture of high-mid settings. No crashes yet, thankfully.

10. varin

varin Member

The game wouldn't load for me initially, but I've got it going now. I'm enjoying the game so far. Not too far in, at the camp near Valentine.
    The performance is a bit of a struggle. The built in benchmark tool says I'm getting minimum of 5 fps on my 2080. I haven't noticed it too much in game, seem to be averaging around 60 fps. I'm seeing weird glitching of the trees. Instead of swaying in the breeze, they flicker.

11. elvis

If you're taking about the frame rates you're getting, you've loaded it.

Back in your box.

12. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

I had my first game crash yesterday after a few hours of online play... single player has been rock solid without a single crash. Why spoil the game using a trainer... maybe after its completed for some fun :)

13. power

power Member

the trainer is to muck about and play using another model - such as an eagle.

14. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Talking about what the media and people are saying about it.

I don't know how you think its some sort of accident that the game is released in this sort of state. Do you really belive that they don't don't know its stuffed and don't care because money needs to be made, and nothing like a few patches 6 months+ down the line to get it fixed, but all while making $$$.

I'm sorry we didn't know the game would release like this, we at Rockstar are sorry and will do better next time.

I'm sorry that you feel this way about me"Xanatos" I'll do better next time.

15. elvis

What you're doing is having a big angry rant at the "mean and greedy developers" who are seemingly ruining your life. And it's boring.

Who's playing the game? Who's enjoying it? Who's done some whacky side quests? Who's got a killer bear hat?

Blah blah "frame rates" blah blah "greedy developers" blah blah this is why I love games but hate the gaming "community".

2SHY likes this.
  16. power

power Member

17. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

They're ruining gaming just so they can make more $$$. Do you really like having launch day problems when you're trying to play a new game? I know don't about you, but hearing the same BS apology from the same companies is boring.

The gaming community should be crying more about it TBH, if SWBF2 backlash didn't happen, what state do you think gaming would be in now? I really hate to think what they would be doing to gamer's.

18. power

power Member

can you get refunds through the R* store thingy? If not I think you have your answer here.

19. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

so this random Mexican challenged me to a shooting competition, who can hit the most bottles
    i accept & wager my 5 or 10 dollars, upon hitting the button to aim, i guess i was unnecessary close to the Mexican and my character responds with hitting him in the face w/ his rifle, which abruptly ends the shooting competition (go figure, pussy) he draws a 6 shooter on me, i shoot him in the face
    (i feel bad about this) i loot $20 from him (yay profit) i ride back to camp, trigger a mission which makes me buy & name a horse
    the horse i want is big and black (dont judge) i buy, i try to name "el negro" in respect of the dead Mexican, which means the black in Spanish (i think?)
    at this point the game tells me i can't use profanity for a name & crashes - yeeehaww

Spyder6052, whatdoesthisdo and elvis like this.
  20. power

power Member

get woke, go broke?

AlliZ likes this.