Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

2. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Wouldn't know, it's been many years since I've bought a game on release day, sick of wasting money on companies who don't give a fuck what they're making.

3. power

power Member

gonna be on steam soon enough, hopefully the beta testing is all over by then, lawl. refunds available.

4. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Hahaha, the exact same thing happened to me, although on our third meeting. Frustrating, as I was doing well in the first two challenges.

Also accidentally killed some innocent kid's dad. Walked in his house, thought it was empty, went to loot something and shot his dad point blank. Kid runs out screaming. I felt terrible...

Confirming: you haven't purchased this game, and are not playing it?

So you're in here being outraged on behalf of others?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
  5. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Why the fuck should I keep purchasing games on launch day, only to be broken on launch day and the coming months to come. Each patch is a new slot machine of fuck ups.

I come here to see what excuse gamers come up with here this time around, to justify what a multi billion company, who's been in the business of making games for decades has done to their IP.

I'm outraged because it's another game I can't buy because of the state it was released in. I was looking forward to this.

I can't reward bad behaviour buying a shitty released product.

Would you say don't worry about it, if the mechanic stuffed your car after a service you paid for? It's ok, he said sorry and will fix it in a few months.

6. elvis

I'm not suggesting you should purchase games you don't want to.

I *am* suggesting you shut the fuck up about games you didn't purchase and threadcrap somewhere else.

(Thread discussion now extended from framerates to framerates plus one angry guy who hates Rockstar. Fuck yeah PC Gaming! What a community!).

walker_2003 and Wozzernux like this.
  7. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Only a few frames, pretty sure the problem is alot more than that.

8. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

I am considering asking for a full refund because I am missing out on the constant crashing, hitching, stuttering, blurred textures, low fps, etc. The final straw is that I cannot contribute anything negative to this thread other than 1 single damn crash in multiplayer since release....bloody pathetic. It's so disheartening to continue to enjoy this game as I would rather constantly spam this thread with issues instead ;)

walker_2003 and elvis like this.
  9. 2SHY

2SHY Member

It's good thing that we are focused on the technical aspect of the game rather than the story it tells (sarcasm). Which is why Death Stranding is appealing to me.

elvis likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

so DX12 over vulkan?

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yes more stable less stutter but slightly lower fps on high end rigs.

As for story chat elvis I discussed my love for it in ps4 thread haha. Might need to black list XanaTos I think he is the daria of OCAU.

Biggest change for me is finally being able to aim its lovely!

12. spank36

spank36 Member

Mine is running pretty good. I HIGHLY recommend ultra textures, they make the game look tons better and I haven't noticed a different in performance.

I'm yet to try DX12 but will try it soon, at the moment I'm just enjoying playing it.

13. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I'm trying joker's settings to see if they help.

ChinoPD and spank36 like this.
  14. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

I loved my first play through on PS4 launch and I’m loving it again now. Playing slow and taking it all in, delicious.

maybe I’ve been lucky but I haven’t had any of the crashing or performance issues, solid 60+ despite having settings cranked up mostly on ultra (water physics down one notch, no MSAA) 3440x1440. Looks and runs deliciously

walker_2003 likes this.
  15. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Maybe it's because I'm getting older but I'm finding I just don't have a lot of patience for the main story line. I really can't be assed going through hours of dialogue and cutscenes so I've just been doing my own thing exploring the gorgeous landscapes, doing the odd random side quest I come across and being overwhelmed by the sheer level of detail with the things you can do in the world. If you really want to get some sense of how huge this landscape is to explorer, go take a train ride (aka steal a train haha) and cruise around the map looking around. There is just land everywhere as far as the eye can see. :shock:

Just on the point of graphics and the landscape, if there was one criticism I have it would be the smoke from campfires you see off in the distance. There have been times were I've just been riding with no real purpose through the landscapes with my head in the clouds getting lost in the scenery (some of which at times almost fooled me to be thinking I was watching the real thing!) only to be brought back down to earth with a thud when you see smoke from a campfire literally shooting straight up into the sky. It instantly reminded me of the campfire smoke you'd see in Far Cry where they did basically the same thing.

Yeah I know it's a tiny nit pick but it just seems so out of place in the world they created.

16. Nethiuz

Nethiuz New Member

Thanks for the info will read it in depth.

But I have 40" monitor and I'd never go smaller again. So I prefer 4k thanks.

walker_2003 likes this.
  17. DangerMaus

DangerMaus Member

My guess is a lot of people have played it already on console. I'm one of them, discussing gameplay seems repetitive and pointless when you're on your second or third playthrough.

walker_2003 likes this.
  18. power

power Member

there's a great positive look at the PC port on DF this morning with Witchard reminding all the #pcmasterrace nobs that yes you need to turn down your settings occasionally. PC has always been about flexibility until the last few years when all we seem to hear is people screaming "poorly optimised" because they actually have to lower everything from Ultra just because they own high end HW.

spank36 and Drizz06 like this.
  19. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

It's a pretty game but mainly thanks to lighting. There is prettier games that run better. It's not a horrible port but it's not amazing.

Nethiuz likes this.
  20. elvis

Plenty of first timers here. Would love to hear their thoughts on the game and story.

If people can discuss 50 year old movies, we can discuss 1 year old games.