Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. r8response

r8response Member

2. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

It's annoying how the Wagon fence at Emerald doesn't seem to take into account the load the wagon is carrying when paying you. I rocked up with one of those small Kerosene wagons and all the prick gave me was $15! Had to be at least $50 worth of Kerosene in the back!!! Ripoff! :lol:

walker_2003 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

there's the mission where
    you're in the saloon in valentine and Leviticus Cornwall calls you out with john and leopold as hostages. every time i try to shoot the guy holding john in the head i insta fail and the guy stabs john in the neck anyway.

i tried so many times and it pissed me off that the game insta failed me.

4. bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy Member

GoneFishin22 likes this.
  5. nope

nope Member

my save might be bugged i tried to do the nikoli tesla mission where i meet him at his lab after the rc boat but nope bugged out .

6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

ffs fired up game and said I had no local data did I wanna load cloud data.. sure I said.. lost about 2 hrs :tired:

7. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Make sure you follow the game prompts and hold down the left button to draw your weapon. You'll go into Dead Eye mode and you can use Q to tag each of the 5 guys and hit the fire button to shoot them all..be prepared, it gets even more chaotic from there...:)

8. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

So... After collecting a debt from a graverobber I stumbled across a group of KKK clan members I tried to kill most of them then someone decided to just show up, investigate and report the crime.

I dunno how killing KKK members in RDR2 is a bad thing? strange logic but oh well.

9. nope

nope Member

dare i say it is rockstar based?

10. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

It seems the crime reporting can get a bit skewed at times. Near the civil war ruins (cant remember the name off the top of my head right now) I found one of the shooting challenges where you shoot bottles sitting on a bridge. Riding up to it I remember thinking this could be trouble.

Started the challenge shooting up the bottles when next minute some random going by reports me??!?? The gun challenge guy then turns around and starts shooting at me lol! Sore loser!! :lol:

Of course I killed him and then looted him for good measure and then got the hell out of there! :D

11. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

This game is pretty smooth and responsive @45fps, dunno if its the game or gsync or a combination, i played a few hours before bothering to tweak settings

spank36 likes this.
  12. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Gained 2-4fps by going from 2133 to 3600 MHz on the ram, not much but its like Eve online all the little things add up

13. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Yeah I'm not seeing the OMGERD can-it-run-crysis style fuss, either that or I got lucky.
    Had a nice experience with a 1660Ti, upgraded to a RTX 2060 Super, and its even nicer now @ 1440p med-high. Even the 1660Ti was able to keep above 45FPS vast majority of the time, now its mostly around 60FPS with even more settings turned up on the 2060 Super. Though from looking at benches Turing dumps on pascal hard e.g. 1660Ti pulls ahead of 1070 by a lot.

14. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Finished chapter 3 last night and got access to the M1899 Automatic pistols. My god they are awesome! Not cheap at $450 each fully outfitted, but being able to throw 16 rounds at any target in a few seconds ends arguments pretty quickly. Got jumped by 4 lemoyne raiders, 5 seconds later they and all their horses are dead..

15. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

So I am in the middle of Rhodes where the bell is and for some reason the fps capped to 48 fps in DX12 but capped to 72 in Vulkan. I do have the game's vsync set to half.

16. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I'm not up to that yet (but close), but to me it almost feels like guns like that are cheating. I'm enjoying the whole wild west element of the game so happy to go along with the good old revolver having western shoot outs. :) I almost wish the game was set a little earlier.

17. nope

nope Member

18. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  19. nope

nope Member

reeeeee i could have saved 30 bucks AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So can any fucking explain MP in this game? Is it like GTA online with missions and heists?