Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Well I'm sure the models textures and config etc isn't sitting there as is.

Physics was wrong word to use. But cars exist in RDR2 don't they? So I guess it is just models/textures and some tweaks.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  2. spank36

spank36 Member

Well, I've randomly got the infinite loading bug. Been doing a shite load of trouble shooting but nothing has worked so far. Anyone have this issue?

3. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

*Laughs in Rockstar*

rdr2.JPG

So many people having crashing or account issues.

4. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

No, have you run the 'integrity' checker in the Rockstar client>>Settings>>My installed games>>click on RDR2>>Verify game file integrity?

5. spank36

spank36 Member

Yep, did absolutely everything. I loaded up the online since story mode wouldn't launch. I then started the story mode through online mode and it worked...so weird.

6. omen_child

omen_child Member

Was considering buying this game for the Xmas holidays, but it looks like a frustrating prospect at the moment.

Lack of discussion about gameplay is concerning!

7. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Anyone talking about fun in-game stuff yet?

*scrolls back three pages

Nope. Cool. Will check back in a month.

Nethiuz likes this.
  8. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

It makes sense that the primary discussion topics have been about performance and or impairment this is OCAU after all.

The 5-6hours of gameplay I have undertaken has been awesome but it has been strongly storyline focused and a bit linear but that is good during the early phases.

What exactly are you wanting to hear? Maybe go and find actual review sites rather than an OCing forum?!? The discussions on 'trying to optimise performance are very meaningful and frankly far more meaningful than some subjective yarn about an individuals thrill meter from the gameplay.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    walker_2003 and Elchupacabraj like this.
  9. elvis

This is OCAU PCMasterRace after all.

The console threads are packed full of people enjoying games. It's a shame you lot can't do talk about positive things.

What you liked about the game and story. What you hated. What you thought of the character development. What you thought of the environments. What you thought of FUCKING ANYTHING BUT YOUR FUCKING FRAMERATES.

*deep breath*

10. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

The game gave me a p0ny that I can ride and pat and I call it Horsey................

You want that review on a crisp or wilting lettuce leaf? Jeepers go to a gaming forum for those aspects. Horses for courses.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
    walker_2003 likes this.
  11. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Yeah, there is nothing wrong with people trying to get the best experience from the game, especially when its been such a shitshow from launch, at least they're contributing more than just whinging that the discussion isn't to their liking. The game seems waaay more stable than release which is good, however

TRIGGER WARNING - NON-GAMEPLAY DISCUSSION AHEAD

A technical issue is holding me back from enjoying the story mode, I'm playing online which is grindy but fun with friends, probably wouldn't play it alone, I suffer the same issue online but its more tolerable because its not distracting me from the story. I think this might be a Radeon 5700 series problem, but I haven't seen much info on it. Its mainly relegated to the Bayou areas, but sometimes my flootpaths and roads go full minecraft. Dead giveaway that I'm in a simulation.
    [​IMG]

Bold Eagle likes this.
  12. elvis

* Checks subforum name
    * Rechecks quoted post
    * Scratches head

Pun acknowledged and appreciated.

Bold Eagle likes this.
  13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

consoles, literally 1 or 2 specs.. everyone has same experience, generally rock solid.

PC, millions of varaibles, shit will go wrong, its windows! people discuss it on PC enthusiast forum, deal with it yo!

ni9ht_5ta1k3r likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

dat's the lyfe of a PC gaemer!

15. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

About half way through the 2nd Epilogue at the moment. Loving it.

The end of Chapter 6 is a real tear jerker - I've never been emotionally affected by a game before (other than slight terror in certain places of some games) - but this really got to me. Brilliant story writing and perfectly chosen music.

16. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Further to my previous post, see below.

I’ve now finished the epilogue. Love that Micah got his just desserts but it feels like there is no closure for either Sadie or Charles (and to a lesser extent Karen).

Every other character either dies and gets a grave to visit, or gets a happily ever after (perhaps not Rain Falls). Sadie and Charles leave and as they have no role in Red Dead Redemption 1 we don’t know what happens to them - we just assume that they moved to South America (Sadie) or Canada (Charles).

It would be nice to get a letter from Sadie and/or Charles after a month or so post epilogue saying what they are up to.

I loved Sadie’s character and not having any closure has really hit hard - actually a bit harder than Arthur’s ending.

Even Reverend Swanson gets a mention in the newspaper!

And I sat ALL the way through the 35 minutes of credits.

17. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

18. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

The gameplay is pretty well done. The controls can be a little weird at times, but it can be customised if necessary.

I haven't run into any game breaking glitches - am at 92% completion or so.

The PC version gets a few extras - worth reading up on them. There's a couple of new in the wild Arabian Horses, 2 extra treasure maps (1 you can't do until the Epilogue as it's all in New Austin).

If you got the special edition there's an extra Del Lobo gang camp as well.

The 1899 Automatic's are God Tier weapons - a pair of them will take down a Cougar with about 10 shots.

19. Sciflyer

Sciflyer Member

Has there been any news on a hard copy release of this?

20. power

power Member

not a hope in hell, you're lucky you can even download a copy. Soon it will be all streamy.