Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Smegenstein

Smegenstein Member

Ahh like my BLOPS 4 hard copy, a plastic case with a bit of paper with a cd key :p

2. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

Yeah that last update broke the game badly for a lot of people across all versions. Still no fix.

Might get to play my AAA title properly some time next year at this rate.

3. Leigh M

Leigh M Member

Bought it the other day and it's been running pretty good for me, only playing the story ATM but no issues at all so far.

Pretty fun story and a lot of interesting things to do outside of it

4. Hp88

Hp88 Member

Just started playing and running great with Hardware Unboxed settings

walker_2003 likes this.
  5. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

As far as game play goes I am loving it I used to be the sort that before even starting any tutorial would turn off all music. I forgot to with this and find it is actually very suited to what is going and not overbearing and distracting and actually helps to build the story. The initial intro can take quite a while but once that is completed the game is 'great fun' and takes you along a story line that is very tolerable with few times where your trying to power through it (hold enter I think it is) but instead just go with the journey and enjoy it. There are many aspects I enjoy like riding horseback and shooting at game with the rifle or even enemy. Taking the supply cart and swinging around shooting as the cart is barreling along trying to get head-shots on the crooks trying to rob you.

It is a lot of fun in town as well and they get a lot of things right in setting the scene and period. Will try and get back to this have to take the wife out.

elvis likes this.
  6. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

My mate hit 14gb memory usage. Sounds like a good excuse to upgrade to 32gb.

Oh to keep elvis happy uhh I like the horses.

Ck21 likes this.
  7. pittster

pittster Member

Yeah that's all the excuse I needed to go to 32Gb a few games lately get to around 11-13gb thats including win 10 usage as well.

RDR2 on PC bloody great finished it and have started a new game but have gone tried to get the good stuff early in the game and finding all the hidden missions etc.

There is a lot of side stuff in the world i missed cause i was follwoing the main story first play through.

walker_2003 likes this.
  8. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

One time my horse followed me behind a train. All good until we came to a bridge on top of a mountain, and she dove straight off to near death. Made a terrible noise.

I jumped off the train, rolled down the mountain, damn near killed myself in the process. Found the horse lying in a rocky stream. Fed her back to health.

Stupid bloody horse. What I wouldn't do to keep her alive.

Cracking game.

GoneFishin22 and walker_2003 like this.
  9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Gold. I also had a horse train accident and it was far from town and all I could use was a horse reviver.. Ended up hijacking a horse to buy horse stuff and when I came back I killed the stolen horse in bushes to cover my tracks. I felt bad.

GoneFishin22 and elvis like this.
  10. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

The amount of times I've had to kill innocent bystanders who saw me killing bandits and then ran off to tell the fuzz.

Gets me right in the feels every time.

walker_2003 likes this.
  11. GregDude

GregDude Member

This just happened to me. Deleting the cache files didn't help, -ignorepipelinecache to command line didn't help, switching to DirectX12 did fix it for me. Please try that if you have not. The crash for me occurs when main menu has loaded, so you change settings there, before starting the gamer proper.

12. r8response

r8response Member

How do you know when it's time to take a break and stretch when playing RDR2 Online?

When the game crashes

[​IMG]

walker_2003 likes this.
  13. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Not quite the same but this pretty much sums it up I think.

walker_2003 likes this.
  14. r8response

r8response Member

The only thing that annoys me about RDR2 Online is the amount of blatant cheaters... 99% of them have Asiatic names. Not much of a coincidence there.

15. pittster

pittster Member

I had this same issue on my laptop, only thing that fixed it was go to DX12 then I could go back to Vulkan and its now fine except it stutters or has high frame time like the day one release.

Amazes me how it can work fine one version they patch and then its broken and its odd how my Main PC has had no issues from Day 1 apart from a 1080 TI getting FPS like a 2070 in only this game, Bloody Nvidia's sly forced obsolescence of old hardware.

Still a great game

16. Partha

Partha Member

Finished the game, a truly great game - best 104 A$ spent for quite some time - fully worth the full price I paid for the game. I only hope that Rockstar releases Red Dead Redemption 1 in remastered form with all the bells and whistles by the time Xbox SX/PS5 releases. I really want to know what happens next.

17. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

Just having a thunderstorm roll across and the dynamic lighting is very awesome.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    walker_2003 likes this.
  18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Multiplayer doesn't appeal to me much, alot less then gta 5.

Prob won't bother. Am about 28% through campaign according to save game.

19. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i'd rather finish the story mode :)

20. [UGG]Wumba

[UGG]Wumba Member

When you stop to help a stranger, and the fcuker tries to steal your horse :mad:
    I had to shoot that varmint 8 or 9 times (after shooting him off the horse), just to be sure.

elvis and walker_2003 like this.