Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Love this game.. I met some hippy in love with the earth, I handed him some herbs and got a remedy. Assumed it would be some useful npc I could bring all the cool flowers n herbs n shit I come across too.. I accidentally jumped on his horse and he attacked me in a flurry of knife swipes. So I shot him. Looted his ass and left.

GoneFishin22 likes this.
  2. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

I played the multi for several hours of a few days and it has some fun aspects with gankers running around, some just come running up and started trying to beat me up (2 of them) and I laid one out but the other got me. Then there is there mail in towns (you try and deliver mail throughout a bigger town and players can target you - WTF shotgun to the face.......ROFL). In other examples you are trying to deliver a wagon and they try and get you.

The multi player can be great fun but I came back to the story line for a while and there are some very funny things happening. Some guy was off his horse it looked like trying to settle it and the horse unloaded both legs into his head/upper torso and then took off and I think it killed him I then spent the next 10-15mins chasing after his horse and lassoing it and then trying to get it to a stable but that thing was just way to feral and escaped me on 4 separate occasions.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    walker_2003 likes this.
  3. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

So after finishing the story a while ago and playing a bit online, i've given up on the online play. It's just not hat fun and full of morons.

So i've started replaying the story it was that good :lol:

Wish there was some kind of hybrid mode, where you could play a modified story with a small group of friends (2 - 4).

They also definately should do a RDR1 remastered on this new engine - but there's 0% chance of that happening.

Wozzernux and elvis like this.
  4. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

That would be an enormous effort. I'd honestly be happy with just a port of the previous game as-is to modern hardware.

The XBox360 version runs on XBoxOneX at 4K. Outside of emulation (PS3/XBox360, neither of which are perfect), that's your best bet for playing the first game in a more modern way.

5. Supersize

Supersize Member

I got my son a Xbox One X for christmas as his original fat Xbox one was overheating, crashing etc/
    Took it apart found the heatsink full of dust/crap and the thermal paste dried out, cleaned it all up, repasted it, works perfectly.
    So I went out and picked up the original RDR for like $10, they have it in a Xbox One case now.
    I got to Mexico and gave up, it's just so janky, controls suck, I know it's a beloved game, I loved it when it first came out but you do get used to the better controls from new titles.
    I hope they do remaster it.

6. elvis

The controls are fine. Don't fall into the "I can only play games as recent as the last one I played" trap.

Old games are still worth playing, and aren't invalid purely due to age. Just like old movies, music, paintings, or any other art form.

DangerMaus and Wozzernux like this.
  7. Supersize

Supersize Member

They are I agree, just not under Xbox One emulation, Perfect Dark Zero was just as bad, I got the RARE Collection.
    I originally played on a Xbox 360, controls were fine for sure, finished the game, wish it never died as it was a JTAG, but I can't justify picking up another one for around $200..

You should see my GOG collection, I like old games, replay all the time :lol:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
    walker_2003 likes this.
  8. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

9. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

This is so me haha. Every mission I like to sneak in some looting even while the bullets are still flying.

GoneFishin22 likes this.
  10. elvis

You have to sometimes. There are times when there are dead bodies everywhere, and suddenly a cut scene kicks in and you've lost the opportunity.

I've lost count how many times I've died in a gunfight because I got distracted looting, but it's the easiest way to build up cash, especially if you're trying to play a "good karma" run.

11. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Problem is if you do it at the wrong time you can end up failing the mission because someone important besides yourself gets killed. :)

This happened to me during the mission where you burn the tobacco plantation. I was too busy looting to realise Sean had run ahead and next minute "Mission Failed, Sean died". Whoops!

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Spent 2 hrs yest just studying animals so I can start to track the 3 star variants for skins. And realised you can shoot fish with arrow. So cool.

Any tips on how to get 3 star rabbit? Cbf googling haha headshot with arrow? I found a 3 star one but when I killed it, changed to 2 star.

13. connico

connico Member

Find 3 star, get a weapon that will give you a clean kill, and headshot

14. r8response

r8response Member

Online needs the Small Game Arrow to get a clean kill. Not sure about SP

15. elvis

Same. Small game weapons only. You can't snipe a bunny or use bear-killer weapons and have a clean pelt.

16. connico

connico Member

Varmint Rifle is a small game weapon i think

17. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

This website is very good for controls;
    https://guides.gamepressure.com/red-dead-redemption-2/guide.asp?ID=52400
    and then has details on hunting;
    https://guides.gamepressure.com/red-dead-redemption-2/guide.asp?ID=47434
    perfect skins, etc;
    https://guides.gamepressure.com/red-dead-redemption-2/guide.asp?ID=47051

18. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

Is a horse considered a small game weapon? :D

19. rexest

rexest Member

got this two days ago and loving it

20. elvis

Yup, perfect for little mammals and birds.

Haha no. Stomping things with a horse is guaranteed to make the quality drop. :lol:

But a great way to pick up food on the fly!

Flamin Joe likes this.