1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. r8response

r8response Member

One of the most disappointing things about Online... Unlocking a dog for your camp and it doesn't go on adventures with you :(

elvis likes this.
  2. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

So I was playing Story mode last night after several beers and someone in town said "watch it" in a menacing tone (well I thought it was) so I went and bumped into him, next thing he's swinging I'm swinging somehow pistols get drawn so I just unload on him and then I'm running out of town trying to avoid getting caught and to get the cool down.

Damn I love this game...............

Although I am having issues going to say my Ammo shop in camp and then trying to select the differing things I am finding it has a really poor selective toggle, is there an actual button so you can toggle through everything in your range?

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  3. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I thought I got somewhat of a sense how big the land mass is in this game when I wrote this but then I got to the Epligoues. :shock: God damn it so much more land to explore beyond Blackwater but after what seems like hours I can NOW say I've been to all ends of this map.

4. mmBax

mmBax Member

Anybody got some tips to help me get into this game?

I've got a total of about, maybe 8-10 hours of play time on it. I'm still only in the early missions and I think that's partly my issue.

I just find the 5-10 minute horse rides to get anywhere extremely tedious and it puts me off settling in.

Chek Chamber likes this.
  5. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Set a waypoint, start galloping towards it and hold down V - goes to cinematic mode - means you don't have to control the horse, it will just ride along and play like a cutscene

6. GregDude

GregDude Member

For a big boost, go search for gold bars. You'll encounter a side quest fairly early which turns out to be a treasure hunt. Otherwise just google some early game locations where gold bars can be accessed. Sell that gold to a fence for big $, then spend it all on upgrading your camp to unlock fast travel. Fast travel can be done from your camp AND and place you create a camp site, so you can effectively fast travel anywhere any time.

vladtepes likes this.
  7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Good tip, had no idea about fast travel.

I dont mind the ride to places, i hunt for 3 star animals/try identify new species on way.

8. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I have a fairly strict no fast travel rule in open world games. I just love exploring and taking different routes, enjoying the scenery not to mention experiencing random encounters. RDR2 is brilliant for the random stuff you find of your travels.

Feels like cheating to me to speed through it but I understand if players want to do it.

walker_2003 likes this.
  9. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

well I got the 2 x $500 gold bars in the train wreck, absolutely no chance I would stumble across that even if I played 2000 hours so didnt feel bad using guide :p

10. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

You're a bit weak early in the game, but during the mid section once you buff up a bit, picking fights with various gang camps is a great way to loot bodies for belt buckles, rings, watches and the like. If you piss them off and they shoot first, it doesn't impact your karma.

Fence off the loot you win, and you make a tidy profit. For easy wins, take substances to get a dead-eye boost, or lob explosives in.

walker_2003 likes this.
  11. andydev

andydev Member

I'm trying to like it, but why does he moves like he's threading water? I've played about 10 hours. Maybe I need to keep at it?

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Hang in there. The longer I've played the better it gets. I unlocked fast travel which is nice and learnt about hunting 3 star animals etc which is fun as some need to be done in certain ways.

Also finally got some good guns, some which kill in 1 shot to chest.

13. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i got to..

where colm o'driscoll captures you and uses you as bait to get your gang and the reward.

14. power

power Member

it's a nice change from everyone running in games like The Flash.

15. r8response

r8response Member

Jumped on Friday night and grouped up with a bunch of randoms from around the globe via a RDO Discord. Ended up in massive PVP shit fests whilst trying to complete Trader Caravans. Made a good $2000 and a lot of laughs. 2am finish hurts :D

walker_2003 likes this.
  16. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

Tips for online? I’m going to save gold to get the bounty hunter missions.

Should I buy particular things? Do certain missions to get to better stuff? Fun activities to do?

17. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

Tips for online: don't do online :D

connico likes this.
  18. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

The stranger missions were pretty fun and rewarded decent gold from memory, treasure maps pay off as well.

I was never too concerned about what weapon I was using and usually went a pvevp style build with the skills, I just went for what looked and felt cool and pretended to be an outlaw cowboy, dual navy revolvers is goto.

19. nope

nope Member

massive slowpoke but i just finished this, WOW.
    Wasnt much of a fan of the middle chapters of the game but push through if you got stuck like me its worth it just for chapter 6 and the epilogue

20. varin

varin Member

I'm still on chapter 4. I don't get much time for gaming. I've sunk a bit of time into hunting legendary animals. I'm enjoying the game a lot.

Drizz06 and walker_2003 like this.