Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Apparently RDR2 runs faster in Linux+WINE than Windows natively (Vulkan port, at least).

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    zoki_007 likes this.
  2. ScrumpyJim

ScrumpyJim Member

3. varin

varin Member

I've been playing this game since launch on PC, and just finished the story line this week. I might have dragged it out a bit because I didn't want it to end.

I enjoyed the story, although I felt a bit constrained by it at times.
    I was more upset when Arthur's horse died than when Arthur died.

I thought it was pretty funny that Micah was invincible at the end. I threw two sticks of dynamite right at him and it did nothing.

I never played the original Red Dead Redemption and I didn't realise that this was a prequel until I searched for alternative endings to the game.

I think it's kind of strange that the game seems to make a big deal about 'honor', but it makes almost zero difference to the story line.

I've also picked up RDR 1 for PS3, so I can pick up the story where it left off when I get time to get to it.

4. power

power Member

In some ways RDR1 was better, but both very very good.

5. Grom Hellscream

Grom Hellscream Member

Picked this up on sale a while back being 50/50 on it because the whole cowboy gunslinger theme isn’t my thing. No regrets, this game really is a masterpiece. I’ve just started on the epilogue, the last story mission did make me a bit sad. The character development of Arthur is fantastic writing.