Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

I've had a play with this and DLSS is working well, although a little bit less of an FPS gain than in some other games I've seen it implemented in.

At 3840*1600 with most things on High/Ultra I'm getting 110 FPS average with DLSS. Without, on the same settings I was getting around 90 FPS.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. varin

varin Member

I really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption 2 immensely. For some reason, I’d never played the first game, even though I have a PS3. A friend recently lent me the red dead 1, and I’ve just finished playing it to completion.

I was impressed at how the game achieved the feel of the game within the limits of the PS3. It also made me appreciate the graphics of red dead 2 on PC.

I enjoyed the storyline of the RDR1, and the gameplay was enjoyable. I found the farm missions to be a bit of a chore, which is interesting. The “fun” missions involved killing a lot of people. The missions I found to be a chore were racing and herding cows.

The ending of RDR1 hit harder than RDR2.

It was strange for me seeing Jack at the end of RDR1. After seeing his character during RDR2, I was surprised by his character at the end of 1.

The story between John and Bonnie was great. The final scene with Bonnie was so good.

For anyone who hasn’t played RDR1, this video by Tim Rogers is very entertaining, and covers the story well. Even if you have played the game, I recommend the video.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ApRKqrHmEf4

GregDude and walker_2003 like this.
  3. special.k

special.k Member

I've played through a few times and I swear their are alternate endings for Arthur depending on your honour level? Maybe I'm wrong and will google now hahah

4. power

power Member

playing RDR1 convinced me to attend the midnight launch of 2, was not disappointed.

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Back into rdr2 now after a bit of a break. Still constantly blown away by it.

Now with dlss I am getting avg of 100 frames and it's so stunning.

6. pduthie_au

pduthie_au Member

Yup I think there are maybe 3 (definitely 2, not sure about if theres a neutral one) versions of Arthurs last ride. For the first time in 20+ years of gaming, that last ride bought tears to my eyes and profoundly affected me for a few weeks after.

7. special.k

special.k Member

Thought so, cheers mate! I completely agree about the last ride too and come to think about it , I was quite moved for a few weeks afterwards and couldn’t started the epilogue straight away. This is probably the best game I’ve ever played and am just about to start another play through