1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ni9ht_5ta1k3r, Oct 5, 2019.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I'm referring to his love of ghost recon failpoint. But yes I'll let him enjoy it :tongue:

2. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

and like modern bore-fare to you... now we're even hahaha

3. power

power Member

just like playing GTA5 on PS3, i don't regret playing RDR2 on PS4 - I just get to play it twice and the second time it's shiny!

4. PsychoSmiley

PsychoSmiley Member

RDR2, otherwise known for me as wardrobe and fancy gun simulator.

Everything had to match and Arthur had look dapper as AF.

5. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Damn right! Red Dead Redemption 2_20181126182726.jpg Red Dead Redemption 2_20181126183306.jpg Red Dead Redemption 2_20181126183353.jpg Red Dead Redemption 2_20181126184141.jpg

Drizz06, 2SHY, Wozzernux and 3 others like this.
  6. spank36

spank36 Member

I like having the box and any help with that massive download size would help! I'm on 200gb a month so any help would be appreciated.

7. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

8. elvis

I'm expecting some wallpaper-worthy screenshots in the "post pics of handed you're playing" thread, folks. Feather that screenshot button, and don't disappoint me.

9. power

power Member

i must admit i don't think i was entirely ready for how amazing it looked on PS4, i think my 1080Ti might melt if i try to push 4K 60 on RDR2.

Drizz06 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

the trailer looks sweet!

11. elvis

Rockstar's "RAGE" engine is quite amazing. Considering how far it scaled from PS3/XBox360 GTA4 and 5 to what we're seeing today, it's far more impressive to me to see an engine that can deliver such believable environments across different in-game times and locations on radically different hardware than it is for me to see a bleeding edge eye-candy engine that won't run on anything but top end hardware and dates badly a few years later.

Rumour has it Rockstar's next game is set in Tokyo. I'm trying to imagine what it'll look like across (what I'm hoping will be) everything from the tranquil Japanese countryside to their jam-packed neon-lit modern major cities.

Sure, there's sexier engines out there. But few capture the "suspension of disbelief" concept as well as RAGE that, IMHO, is the single biggest thing to achieve for a successful story.

Raptor_Eye likes this.
  12. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

Any more info on this? Been looking for a another good Sleeping Dogs style game for a while, Asian city's are just more interesting to me.

13. power

power Member

I honestly don't know why they would make a game set in an Asian city, in my mind Yakuza has this covered.

14. elvis

Nope, all rumour at the moment. News reports mostly of Rockstar employees doing similar work to what a film "location scout" would do.

It could all be R&D as well. One would assume they'd scout several locations as ideas for a complex game setting, especially if they're considering upping the ante on GTA5 and RDR2 scale stories.

I respectfully disagree, for two reasons:

1) With that logic, I could say that 3D epic, story-driven, sandbox games started and finished with Shenmue, and no further titles were needed. But more attempts at more people using/improving a vehicle for storytelling are always welcome.

2) Yakuza is a decidedly Japanese take on story telling. I *love* Japanese story telling, but I also love American story telling (and European, and Australian on the rare occasion we see it at scale, and whatever else). Seeing a radically different culture (not just in country of origin, but also corporate culture, like GTA vs Saints Row or Sleeping Dogs) take on a similar story model is always welcome.

But regardless, it's all rumour at this point - both Tokyo as a location, and GTA6 *at all*. I'm still excited about whatever Rockstar do next (even acknowledging their terrible corporate culture and workplace standards, which I sincerely hope they can fix while still making works of art at this scale and not going broke).

15. power

power Member

this is actually true everyone else should definitely give up now :D

elvis likes this.
  16. elvis

My least favourite thing about RDR2 (hooray on topic!) is endlessly rifling through drawers and cupboards in painstaking detail that it borrowed from Shenmue. I think I talked about it a bit in the console RDR2 thread, but it's something I see more objective reviews of Shenmue talk about.

There's a fine line between realism and the banality and tedium of real life. Shenmue didn't quite get that at times, and RDR2 skirts dangerously close to that line. Some of the reasons I play video games is specifically to not have to deal with the more banal parts of real life. If digging through cupboards was my idea of a good time, I'd organise my tupperware cupboard IRL.

I minor gripe of course, but I hope that doesn't get worse for future Rockstar games. So far they seem to know when it needs to be there, and when it just gets silly (whereas Shenmue didn't).

17. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

As much as i enjoy the Yakuza games, and while yes they are "Open" world, comparing Rockstar's games to their games is not Apples to Apples. IMO GTA5 etc just has a lot more polish and certainly a different way to tell a story which i do enjoy more.

Plus we could see another take on it all, say American immigrant in Japan...

18. Raptor_Eye

Raptor_Eye Member

Also more on topic, hopefully they start releasing DLC for RDR 2 now.

19. power

power Member

they won't, as sad as I am about this we will most likely just get content drops for RDR Online same as GTAV even though they could drop some SP content and sell millions of copies, the online iterations just make so much money for them it's not even funny.

Could so go another RD Nightmare for RDR2.

20. elvis

81cw8NVT36L._SL1500_.jpg

But, you know, not shit. :lol:

Yes please!

Raptor_Eye likes this.