Reflections in East Perth

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by SlateX, Mar 31, 2008.

1. SlateX

SlateX Member

Took these "before sunrise shots" a little while back.
    We had to be in around the city by 6-7am and as we drove past and I had to stop the car, setup and take these shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shot on:
    Sony Alpha 100
    18-70mm F/3.5-5.6

C&C welcome

2. fR33z3

fR33z3 Member

I work in east Perth too. Beautiful spot. Did you setup on a tripod. 1st shot best for me. In 2nd and 3rd, the wires of the bridge look like a distraction. In the 1st shot, the wires are distinctly a part of the bridge.

Cheers.

3. bevanbraves

bevanbraves Member

They're not bad. And i mean that in a good way. I've often seen sunrise/sets and really struggled to capture the colours/feelings that i could see at the time. I guess its getting the balance between capturing the colour and still getting good silhouettes that is hard. Its an exposure thing i think.

I think these pics look pretty good. Nice blue sky, fading to lighter colours. Sharp.

Thumbs up for stopping, setting up a tripod, close and far zooms and getting landscape and portrait style shots also. At the time your taking the pics you dont know whats going to work or not so its often best to get "2 of everything".

I was thinking #2 for mine, but in the end i had to say #1 is best. It has more in it, but having said that i like #2 because its simpler/has less in it.

4. DJ_Hippster

DJ_Hippster Member

You should definitely try and do that in HDR, as that will bring out what you see with your eyes a whole lot more.

Very nice shots as they are though, love the mirror flatness of the river!

5. Mr.Sinister

Mr.Sinister Member

Nice captures. #1 stands out to me. Is it slightly crooked though?