1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Refreshed X34P???

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by smack01, Apr 25, 2020.

1. smack01

smack01 Member

Was hoping someone might know a little more about this monitor I found on Bing Lee. Simply listed as "Acer - UM.CX0SA.P03 - 34" IPS Gaming Monitor" - LINK

Now if we go by part numbers, the Acer X34P's number in Australia is UM.CX0SA.P02. Is this a X34P refresh?

This 'new' model is listed as 144hz, supports HDR10, 2x HDMI 2.0, 2x Display Port 1.4, 1ms VRB, 250cdm/2 brightness. It's also flat, not curved like the X34P.

Listed for $799.

Thoughts? I am in the market for an ultra wide and didn't want to spend the $1100 on an X34P.

2. connico

connico Member

Its a new release and its freesync 2. It's also not curved. The specs are decent and its IPS, it's a good monitor but it's definitely not the refresh version of the x34p.

If the curve and gsync is not important then go ahead! It's got really good specifications, bare in mind that the price will drop over time.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  3. OP
    OP
    smack01

smack01 Member

Hmm....I am a little worried that I cant find it on the Acer website thought.

4. connico

connico Member

I went to Bing Lee and walked out with one. I'll let you know if it's worth keeping... Was bored and wanted to try something different. My 49 from Samsung is on back order so I'll wait with this...

$792 was the "best" they could do. I was in a hurry so didn't really bother haggling

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Pazzu and sTeeLzor like this.
  5. OP
    OP
    smack01

smack01 Member

would love to know your thoughts.

sTeeLzor and melbnut like this.
  6. connico

connico Member

Doesn't feel as comfortable as my 38" Curved LG at work... its definitely because its so flat. I'll most likely get used to it. Running a 1080 right now soon to be a 2080S... gaming performance is great. Doesn't seem to need the GSYNC, it being such a fast monitor already... Colour reproduction out of the box is good, brightness is fine in my fully LED lit office. Running 380 lux to the table top.

All in all an ok monitor, will most likely replace it with a Samsung 49 once it's out of back order with dicker data.. but don't know when that will be so its an acceptable alternative

It's interesting but the model number comes up in windows.. VX340CKP as per the image below

upload_2020-4-26_22-6-15.png

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    sTeeLzor likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    smack01

smack01 Member

Interesting. Thanks for the follow up. Might see what I can find with that model number.

8. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Yeah I saw this. I'd probably go it if it was curved. Not sure at the moment. Playing a wait and see what comes out game at the moment.