Quite a while ago I my father-in-law give me a B&O Beomaster 3000-2 as the tuner wasn't working, culprit was a broken component. I started off gallantly by getting a service manual to work out what the component was, sourcing a replacement, replacing the electrolytic capacitors and replacing the output transistors. Then life got in the road and it remained neglected under the house for some 10 years. Recently my in-laws (who I got this off) downsized and my father-in-law is getting frail so I thought it was about time to finish what I had started so he could come over with some lp's and play them on his old equipment. I'm regarding this as a refurbishment as I am tidying it up enough to look good, inhibit further corrosion and have running again. I would regard a restoration as performing a ground up rebuild with Nichicon (et al) caps, metal film resistors, full disassembly of the chassis for cleaning and washing the pcbs such that everything looks brand new, or even better. Here is the front and rear without the top or bottom affixed. I'm really mad at myself with the loss of part of the treble control. Whilst it was neglected all those years the aluminium top portion of the slider was lost, but by some miracle I still have the plastic front piece of it. Hopefully I will be able to fabricate something reasonable to repair that little problem. Overhead and underside views This is the broken component in the tuner, a variable capacitance diode Recently I started on the easier stuff - cleaning. The top was very dull and the sides had unglued. Glued back together and polished it up with Scandinavian Teak Oil. I was surprised that the timberwork is MDF with a veneer. For what B&O charges I was expecting solid timber. The bottom plate and rear grill are metal and were getting quite covered in spiders of rust. Stripped them back, undercoated, finished coat in mat black and to offer a bit of extra protection, gloss clear coat. Bottom plate: I left the decals alone, sanded and painted around them and clear coated over the lot to offer the decals some protections. (If it was a resto, it would incorporate remaking the decals). I luckily have some dial cord in my stash as that is broken on the unit along with a replaced capacitor(probably from 'storage' also). Waiting for some caps to come in on order to get that sorted.