Rehoming a purebreed Burmese cat

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by piglet1, Apr 28, 2019.

1. piglet1

piglet1 Member

Here's the story, last week we've gotten a retired tortie Burmese queen from a Breeder (2 years old) but unfortunately my partner is allergic to her, so we are unable to keep her. She has yet to be desexed, the plan was to desex her next week but due to the allergy, we can't keep her any longer (spay recovery is 2 weeks and my partner's nose and eyes are suffering big time). The microchip is still under the previous owner - she has yet to transfer it across and is also unable to take her back :( She is a major lap cat and loves to sleep in bed with you, preferably ON you.

I have a business trip next week and it's stressing me out that i have yet to find new home for her.

Any cat lovers here keen to take on this lovely girl? She comes at no cost and needs to be desexed ASAP.

I'm based in Melbourne but can deliver nearby depending on location.

Photos - https://imgur.com/a/9L2vf2G?s=sms

PM for chip number :)

Mods, sorry if this is not allowed and remove if so.

2. Scarpetta

Scarpetta Member

I haven't come across a breeder who has refused to take back an animal. Poor form.

3. OP
    OP
    piglet1

piglet1 Member

Apparently they can only have 3 registered cats as a breeder? Not sure what is the regulation.

Oops i think i'm supposed to post it at the For Sale forum.

4. hollysmum

hollysmum Member

awwww she is gorgeous, shame the breeder cant take her back. Get your partner some antihistamine tablets in the mean time to help ease her reaction to the pussycat.

Try a couple of local rescues if you cant find a home for her, I would help but I am in WA

5. OP
    OP
    piglet1

piglet1 Member

Home has been found, thanks all. I have booked a desex op for her tomorrow and someone will care for her post-op recovery and then new owner will pick her up in a couple of weeks. :)

Dodge M4S, callan, shredder and 3 others like this.