Replacement 6 burner BBQ - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by FuzwaldQO, Dec 26, 2018.

1. FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Due to a 'mishap' on Anzac Day this year that is better left buried in the annuls of time, I have been waiting for Christmas money and Boxing Day sales to replace our 6 burner. Looking at another 6 burner, have had a bit of a look in BBQ's Galore at the Premium Beefmaster 6 burner which looks pretty good to me. Anyone have experience with these? Or can recommend a better replacement? Looking at around $600-$1000, prefer from BBQ's galore as we have a $200 voucher and they have 20% off atm.

https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/premium-beefmaster-6-burner-on-cart-with-side-burner-q2-series

2. methodMAN

methodMAN Member

6 burner is huge!!!! unless you cooking a feast every other week look at:

weber Q series - had one 10+ years now and it never misses a beat used 2-3 times a week over summer, snags, steaks, roasts, it does it all.

firey4059 likes this.
  3. money_killer

money_killer Member

3 burner zeigler and brown . Best ever

firey4059 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    FuzwaldQO

FuzwaldQO Member

Not every other week, in fact not that often at all. But when I do, yes it's a lot of cooking and I use most if not all the space.
    No thanks :)
    I did look at Zeigler's, but for the space I want it's out of my price range.

5. firey4059

firey4059 Member

I recently had cause to investigate new bbq's and found that bbq design has changed a bit recently. The burners are now shaped stainless tube, not cast burners (possibly driven by competition from Weber and Zeigler & Brown) . This means no need for flame tamers and is said to improve the taste of food cooked on bbq. Gas controls seem to be much better because of this move to stainless tube. The Webers and Ziggies are certainly popular and both companies seem to have earned good reputations for back up. Perhaps have a look at Bunnings, they had a impressive range when I recently visited and their prices seemed ok. Spare parts were certainly much more reasonably priced that many of the specialty franchised bbq stores.
    C

6. blued

blued Member

Zeigler is Barbeques Galore own brand so I'm sure that they'd flog it even if it was the worst... not saying it is but just found it interesting.

firey4059 likes this.