1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement bbq hotplate

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by blued, Jan 27, 2019.

1. blued

blued Member

Hello. I have a bbq which is half grill and half hotplate. Looking to get a second hotplate and get rid of the grill part but cant find a hot plate that'll fit.

The current size of the grill is 460mm x 220 mm. Same as the hotplate. A maximum of 470 mm by 450 mm hole exists.

The only plate I can find would result in a loss of 5 cm. That's alot of realestate on a small bbq.

Surely I don't need to to just buy a new bbq...

Has anyone got a custom stainless steel plate cut and bent to a custom shape?

2. kooksyau

kooksyau Member

It would probably be cheaper to buy a new flat plate bbq than get a custom stainless plate cut and folded. Or just gumtree it.

3. firey4059

firey4059 Member

Gidday blued.
    I recently had cause to replace some consumable items from my bbq. I was surprised at the prices charged by the specialty bbq stores. I went to Bunnings and they had a reasonable range of products at very reasonable prices. In regards to plates, grills, flame tamers, if you have access to a angle grinder, you can cut down any of these items quite easily to fit your bbq thereby maximising your bbq real estate.
    Cam.

4. OP
    OP
    blued

blued Member

I'm thinking that but seems so wasteful.

Thanks. I did check out the range at Bunnings. I'll give them another look.

firey4059 likes this.