Replacement for faulty gigabyte 280x is also faulty, what should i do?

Discussion in 'Video Cards & Monitors' started by cheesecactus, Feb 9, 2015.

1. power

power Member

you'll most likely find the cards have gone to a distributor who plugged the card in, it worked and they sent it back - or another like one from a pile.

2. OP
    OP
    cheesecactus

cheesecactus Member

Sounds about right, although two months for that? Bit much. Austin have been using Synnex for my gfx card.

3. power

power Member

don't get me started on Synnex

4. OP
    OP
    cheesecactus

cheesecactus Member

Ah yes, should have expected some horror stories with these guys judging from the experience i've had.

5. power

power Member

they aren't the worst disty and in all honesty one of the biggest and they are better than they used to be, well at least in QLD.

6. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Speaking of Synnex..

Should see the size of their Sydney state of the art warehouse.

fuuuuuuurkn huge.

7. OP
    OP
    cheesecactus

cheesecactus Member

Damn they must do well, the replacement I got came from melbourne apparently. So they got warehouses all over the shop.

8. kieranluken

kieranluken Member

Delivery out of the bugger is terrible though. Anywhere up to 4 business days to get from there to Penrith. Absolutely useless

Melbourne on the other hand. Next business day. Every time.

Also, 8 weeks with warranty is unacceptable - Synnex wouldn't have taken that long - they have been stung too many times by the 2 week rule. My guess is store took their time in sending it off, and then took their time calling you.

9. JunkDogg

JunkDogg Member

Tried a different PCIe slot? Also try reinstalling drivers etc.

Seems very odd that both cards are faulty. Ive had plenty of gigabyte cards and no dramas at all.

As for Austin you should have really done a quick google on them. Ive never seen a good review about them and refuse to go there.

10. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Why not call Synnex direct. Tell them that your reseller (Austin) is being difficult and can they help (as the Aus disty).

All depends on the disty but *sometimes* you can be lucky and they'll help you out. Other times they'll just say "no ... deal with the store".

Synnex along with Ingram Micro are two of the biggest distributors in Australia (IM are international).

11. OP
    OP
    cheesecactus

cheesecactus Member

Trust me, for the first card i tried everything, even tried two different computers, same issue. 100% the gfx card. 2nd one was artifacting. Could either be the gfx card or video cable, i tried both dvi and displayport, same issue.

This asus one has been alright actually, just gets really damn hot.

Austin in hindsight was a poor choice, its just closer to me :/

Thats quite interesting. Hmm, i'll consider that. Not sure if it'll help, but i might shoot off an email to them.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  12. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Any update with this?

13. OP
    OP
    cheesecactus

cheesecactus Member

NOPE!

They still haven't called me back. Its been over two weeks.

Still using their loaner card. I'm probably being too soft, might give them a call today and demand a refund. And then probably go to the dept of commerce because im pretty sure theyll refuse :)

EDIT: Called them up, refused to refund me and told me to wait for the manufacturer.

So i sent a complaint to the Department of Commerce. However i'm not sure if i submitted it correctly. I clicked pdf to get a copy for my own records, but due to my download manager it didnt download. But i'm not sure if the actual complaint went through.... Anyone know if you get an email confirmation of any sort?

EDIT 2: Called department of commerce, they said that you'll get a confirmation email if it went through properly, so i resubmitted it, got the pdf and a confirmation email. Time to wait and see what happens i guess.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  14. Akh-Horus

Akh-Horus Member

Stick to your guns. Can't beleive in this day and age some companies survive with such shit service to their customers.

15. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Did Synnex offer any help at all?

16. OP
    OP
    cheesecactus

cheesecactus Member

Oh yeah forgot to message them. Dont know if it'll help but i just sent them an email.

Lets see who replies first, Austin, Synnex or Dept. of commerce.....