1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacement Receiver/Amp

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by Munity, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Munity

Munity Member

Hi,

My daughters decided to give my current amp a drink so now looking for a replacement.

Bought a Sony Muteki 7.2 system a couple of years ago, which has been for all purposes great for us - looking to get a replacement amp for it.

I've been looking at the Pioneer VSX924 - Has HDMI2 (from what i am reading) which is a big plus for me.

Wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this? around $750 - am planning on using the current speakers (muteki 7.2) and just replacing the amp.

Is there anything better on the market for this price? any reason not to get the Pioneer?

https://www.videopro.com.au/p-7869-pioneer-vsx924-72-channel-av-receiver.aspx

2. grogamanda

grogamanda Member

For that sort of price...I would be looking at Denon/Marantz/Onkyo

Better to run with HDMI 2 for future proofing but not a real biggy if you arent going 4K any time soon

3. OP
    OP
    Munity

Munity Member

should have a 4k tv in the next couple of months - do you have any specific models that i should be looking at ? ill do a bit of digging myself, just looking for recommendations.

4. Copie

Copie Member

The yamaha RX 77/40 series always get a good wrap. Something like the RX-677 is the go for your budget, HDMI 2.0 support, 4k passthrough/upscale, 7.2 ch etc etc.