1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting a favour from a Nikon DSLR user in Perth NOR

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by panther1, Oct 12, 2011.

1. panther1

panther1 Member

I recently sold my D60 and bought a D5100 but today I tried my 70-300mm AF-S VR lens and the VR isn't working.
    I've tried both active and normal VR modes and switched it off and on numerous times to no avail. Apart from the VR the lens is working ok.

I haven't used this lens for about a year but the last time I used it on the D60 it was working correctly.
    The 18-55mm kit lens also has VR but that's harder to tell if VR is working or not, but I can't see any difference with it on or off, same as the 70-300.
    I didn't think the camera body has anything to do with VR but maybe it does. I really have no idea.

Now back to the favour. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with a Nikon DSLR, so I'd really appreciate it if someone close to the Kingsley area would be willing to try my 70-300 lens on their Nikon body to prove that either the lens is faulty or the D5100 is faulty. I bought the D5100 online so I can't take it back to check. Obviously I'm happy to come to your location at a time convenient to you and it wouldn't take more than a couple of minutes of your time at most.

Also, if anyone has any ideas or opinions of what's wrong or if I've missed something, please feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. methd

methd Member

I'm free all day tomorrow. Noranda area.

3. OP
    OP
    panther1

panther1 Member

Thanks, sounds good, could you PM me your phone number and I'll give you a call tomorrow after I've done my housework.

4. methd

methd Member

click my sig-website and it's in contact info :)

5. OP
    OP
    panther1

panther1 Member

Many thanks to methd. :thumbup:

Problem proven to the lens as suspected and thread can now be closed.