Resident evil 2

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Drizz06, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I couldn’t find a thread for this yet???
    My personal favorite of the franchise and pumped to play it.

Resident Evil 2 is an upcoming survival horror game developed and published by Capcom. A remake of Resident evil 2(1998), it follows rookie police officer Leon S Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield as they attempt to escape from Raccoon City during a zombie apocalypse. It is scheduled to be released worldwide for the PlayStation 4, Windows and Xbox one on January 25, 2019.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. power

power Member

i'll be playing this for sure, surprised not more interest.

had a good laugh at this today

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ig...iewer-missed-a-large-chunk-of-the-game.95152/

3. nugget28

nugget28 Member

Pretty psyched for it! Reviews have been very positive as well!

4. MrBS

MrBS Member

Preloaded and ready to go on PC, excited for the work day to end lol

5. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

I witnessed gameplay on Bajostream (the guy from Good Game) on Twitch last night. Much fun was had. The game looks gooooooooood, but the lead male's acting in cutscenes (at the beginning anyway) is pissing me off. He's the only character to not make his lines or mannerisms seem natural.

6. power

power Member

i would like it if all the acting is terrible, it was always part of the charm.

7. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

Seems to be a lot of stuff out right now. I'm seeing Jan/Feb release dates for a bunch of great games, and I think everyone is just saturated.

I really want to play this, but realistically I can't even schedule it in until maybe mid-year with my current backlog.

Yeah, this is becoming more and more the standard lately. And it stems from a combination of sites wanting as much empty content as possible, low funding (i.e.: low pay for "journalists"), and needing to rush to be the first to review something.

Sites like ArsTechnica buck the trend. They mostly release a review of a game about 1-2 weeks after release, and the reviewer is always up front about how much they've played of the game in that time. It means you'll never get release-day reviews out of them, but the quality of analysis is far greater.

The older I get, the less of a rush I am in to do almost anything. Gaming especially. More than happy to wait a month for the dust to settle on games before I jump in (especially as I have zero interest in multiplayer).

On topic, if anyone is playing this in the next few days and is familiar with any of the prior versions of it, I'd love to hear your comparisons. I was considering doing this for an upcoming "retro let's play" because of this re-release.

Wozzernux likes this.
  8. CAPT-Irrelevant

CAPT-Irrelevant Member

Review of the IGN sham review (along with criticising the reviewer's decision to block people who give him critical feedback).

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  9. OP
    OP
    Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I’m surprised they didn’t just steal someone’s review from 1998.

Got this ready to go on the PS4 just waiting for opportunity to jump on.

10. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Is anyone able to load the costumes and unlocks? When I press start and go to outfits the alternate outfits is greyed out. Purchased the deluxe edition so I must be missing something. Content is installed too.

11. MrBS

MrBS Member

Costumes working okay on my side. Fun times so far!

12. OP
    OP
    Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

Only played for a few hours but damn it’s good fun!

Depending on what Sony release this year I can already see this being one of if not the top highlights of the year for me and it’s only Jan lol.

elvis likes this.
  13. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I just got out of my first encounter with the tyrant....oh god!

14. OP
    OP
    Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I was playing last night in the dark all alone and with the home theatre setup it really screws with ya mind! There’s so many little detailed ambient sounds and I couldn’t tell what was real and what was in the game lol. I kept looking behind me thinking someone was walking around the house :wired:

elvis likes this.
  15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

when you meet the tyrant in the police station as he moves the chopper out of the way..it was scary LUL

16. OP
    OP
    Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

I can’t believe I am still remembering things and how to solve some puzzles and I haven’t played it since the first release on PS1

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

I've managed to solve most of the puzzles even though i never played the original. Also, I am in the clock tower and I am looking for the 2nd small gear...and I have a tyrant on my tail....FUCK!

18. zed_kid

zed_kid Member

Finished Leon A. Game is amaze. Memories of original flooding back as I played. Never finished the original as I was too scared back then lol

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

oh man I just escaped the police station....fuck the tyrant is scary. there's times where i am doing a puzzle and then suddenly it's there right behind me....

20. OP
    OP
    Drizz06

Drizz06 Member

It doesn’t get any better lol