1. If you're receiving a message that you are banned from the Current Events or Politics forums, it's not you specifically: those forums have been hidden for all users. For more info, see here.
    Dismiss Notice

Resident Evil 5

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by GenuineReyon, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Slugoid

Slugoid Member

Digging up old thread :p

Anyone got the Gold Edition of RE5? Picked up a copy last week cos I never got the original and comes with extra DLC.

Played the Lost in Nightmares (extra mission pack) and I though it wasn't bad. Reminds me of the original RE's with lots of puzzle solving and in an old mansion too :Pirate:.

Versus is ok (2-4P online play) but it just doesn't feel right playing death match on RE. Plus max is 4 players, so a little restrictive.

2. enzo_450

enzo_450 Member

Another huge dig.

Just finished this with a friend on normal.

What's this complaining about how SHORT the game was?!?!?! Struth. Sure, we got stuck on a couple of the bosses for maybe an hour total.....but even still. Have to say it was one of the "harder" games I've played in a while.

Controls felt a bit awkward....like, the whole time. But it was still fun :thumbup:. Certainly worth the $25 pre-owned from JB.

3. JamalH

JamalH Member

It wasnt what i was hoping for since im a HUGE RE FANBOY and will buy anything related to RE but as a game it was pretty good on its own merits.

I wish they would go back to RE's roots instead of the action theme, RE4 hit both quite well!

I own RE5 collectors box and RE 5 Gold Edition lol

4. BassKat

BassKat Member

Agreed. Playing RE5, it felt more like a shooter than survival horror.

5. JamalH

JamalH Member

Looking forward to this "Operation Racoon City" its a squad based RE game.