[Review] Plantronics Audio .370 & .310

Discussion in 'PC Audio' started by spikes, Mar 29, 2007.

1. spikes

spikes Member

I just want to say thanks to Anyware for providing me these excellent headphones to review.

Let me start of with the Plantronics Audio .370, these are a great set of headphones which I personally highly recommend for gaming, especially BF2/2142.

They sound exactly like my Logitech Z-5500 but in a headphone form. The best headphones I've ever worn, and the most comfortable too!! There's a little strap that is tied down by metal cables that string across the headphones, made out of leather and foam padding on the inside, and the uses of big cups speakers that cushion onto your ears, they feel light and very comfortable.

Testing was carried out by playing BF2, watching a few movies and listening to music.

BF2 - Perfect sound exactly like my Z5500 but the bass wasn't loud as I expected.

Movies/ TV Shows - 24 season 6! sounds comes out great but again, the bass wasn't loud enough to produce trembling explosions

Music - Came back with crystal clear audio, I really can't tell the difference between the headset and my Z5500 except for the base.

The microphone was also excellent too, I recorded myself and it came back with perfect results, wasn't as loud as I expected but loud enough for you to perfectly understand what is being said.

Pics here:
    Compared to a G7
    [​IMG]

Comparison shots:
    From left to right: Plantronics Audio .310 > Plantronics Audio .370 > Logitech Internet Chat Headset > Logitech Premium Stereo Headset
    [​IMG]
    As you can see in the pictures, the headset is massive!!

[​IMG]

The mic is adjustable by simply bending it!
    [​IMG]

Packaging, next to the Audio .310
    [​IMG]

Now for the Plantronics Audio .310

This headset isn't designed for gaming but for the internet chat, and it performs very well at that. Sound quality is just as perfect as the .370 but with only one speaker, it doesn't produce an even balance when listening to it, it makes my head want to tilt over towards the side of the speaker when I listen to music and watched movies with it. :lol:

The microphone is exactly the same as the .370, same quality!
    I'd recommend this headset to those who talk over the internet, as its what its designed for but also, its very light and comfortable to wear.

Pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Conclusion
    Priced at around $43 for the Audio .370 and $24 for the Audio .310, they are both a bargain.

Plantronics Audio .370

Pros:
    -High quality sound
    -Comfortable
    -Affordable

Cons -
    Bass a bit low

Score - 10/10

Plantronics Audio .310
    Pros:
    -High quality sound
    -Comfortable to wear but not listen to
    -Affordable

Cons:
    -One ear design
    -No volume adjustment

Score - 7/10

Last edited: Mar 30, 2007
  2. Grimace22

Grimace22 Member

nice review. but omg dont say they are the same as the z5500, the only semi attractive thing about the z5500 is theres so much dirty bass. And if the headphones lack bass, then theyve got nothing:) but for $43 i wouldnt expect all that much.

3. OP
    OP
    spikes

spikes Member

thanks for that mark, I never turn my bass up high on the Z5500 so that's why I compared the headset to it. Its a really nice headset, there is bass but its not as loud as I expected

4. -=N0N@ME420=-

-=N0N@ME420=- Member

I have a pair in front of me, hope you're right :o :wired: :lol: :p :thumbup:

5. OP
    OP
    spikes

spikes Member

I think so :D