Rift

Discussion in 'MMOs' started by General Singh, Oct 9, 2009.

1. GiantGuineaPig

GiantGuineaPig Member

Which pet are you using as a rogue? I find the warthog thing always keeps agro, but raptor and wolf don't... although I'm only level 31.

2. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

Sigh, this game is starting to frustrate me. Maybe MMOs just arent my thing at all.

3. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

well the max level for the warthog thing is 30 as far as i know... so you'll soon see it'll fall apart n become useless...

there is a higher one... but you need 20 points in ranger for it to be available

in what way?

4. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

new patch...

not sure why the rogue combo points needed to be clearer... i can see em just fine :\ lol

5. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

I dunno, I think the appeal is just wearing off, so everything is just becoming a hassle. Im usualy a FPS junkie, so MMO is a big shift in everything.

6. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

ah... to much variety for u? :p

sorry thats just one thing that annoys me about FPS... specially the MP side of things.. playing over n over n over again on the same maps... argh...

anyway... off topic... I didn't like rpg's and mmorpg's initially... love em now... rift has actually made me love them more... each to his/her own tho :)

u been doing anything apart from questing though? you need to jump into some rift's... footholds... dungeons... etc

i spent 2 or 3 hours last night hunting an elite mob with someone from the guild i (we're) in... just for a quest... i must be going bonkers cause i've never done anything like that before...

7. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

If your pet is not holding agro, upgrade your ranger.

As you drop more points into your ranger, new skill ranks can be trained.

The Dire Warthog should hold agro on mobs up to level 48 (at about level 45), and level 52 (when you are level 50)

The wolf and raptor are DPS pets and requires you to have one of those greater essences that reduce threat, or you are in a party with a tank holding agro.

Wolf for single target DPS.
    Raptor for raid/AOE DPS.

Your 0 soul point ranger pet should be useful up to about level 30 (Scarwood Reach) when mobs start ripping your pet a new one.

8. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

sounds like i need one of those essences then... using the wolf now as it is closer to my level (think he's on 34 now tho i haven't visited a trainer since i dinged 36 so might b able to bump him some more)...

i tried doing a new sole layout thing... whatever its called... and put a lot of points into ranger... didn't go assassin... put some points into marksman instead and found the pet (even the top one) still wasn't holding agro :\ and this was on mobs 2-3 levels lower than me (perhaps this is the problem?)

9. zarthaz

zarthaz Member

Forget about MM spec, go deep in Ranger, and sidespec into Nightblade (15 points at lvl 50) and Assassin. I left Assassin alone, it's just there for the poison proc base ability.
    Use the hog when solooing, the wolf won't do for agro.
    Give that a go

10. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

might try respeccing... i do like some of the assassin stuff... tho i mainly go for stuff that improves my crit chance and being able to stealth around is nice... i also dont want to be primarily ranged dps... trying to get a mix of the 2

11. MOIRAE

MOIRAE Member

Impressive....

Something about these developers makes you think this game is going to make it.

From RiftJunkies:

RIFT™ ERUPTS IN WORLDWIDE DYNAMIC CONFLICT MARCH 30TH

30-Day Update Heralds Massive Invasions, Unique Loot, and New Epic Raid Zone

Trion Worlds today announced the first worldwide, fully dynamic conflict event for the immensely successful MMORPG, RIFT™. The battle for Telara intensifies as world-changing invasions from the Plane of Death engulf the planet, giving Ascended heroes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a key moment in the game’s history. Beginning March 30th, players will witness the true power of Regulos the Destroyer, and the world of RIFT will never be the same.

This robust update comes less than a month after the game’s March 1st launch, making it one of the most aggressive post-launch content releases ever for a new MMORPG.

Unprecedented Invasions & Exclusive Rewards

Starting next Wednesday, Alsbeth the Discordant will lead massive invasions across every zone in Telara, raising legions of liches, ettins, and gravemakers to battle Ascended. Over the course of about a week, participating players of any level fighting these invaders can earn hundreds of new items including exclusive rewards, such as a Spectral Horse and a transmogrifying disguise that turns Ascended into the rotting undead. But be warned: once the rifts are sealed, these items are gone forever.

Raid Zone: River of Souls

If Ascended are successful in their efforts to drive back the invasions, they can journey to the “River of Souls” 20-man raid zone at the edge of the Plane of Death where Alsbeth the Discordant is reanimating the recently departed and recruiting them into Regulos’ army. Guardian and Defiant heroes will have to wade through these decaying hordes to reach Alsbeth and make her account for her abhorrent crimes

Fairly major content patch very early after release.

12. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

sounds cool :)

hope this update comes with the dungeon finder they've been talking about

13. Smashwa

Smashwa Member

Sounds fun, except im going to be away for most if it haha!

14. BoonyPC

BoonyPC Member

Yea I'm off to Bathurst next weeek for a few days, will get back on Thursday though(start of event, yay)

15. MoMaN69

MoMaN69 Member

me and my brother both quit wow yesterday and bought rift, so far im enjoying it, level 13 already lol

16. KRiSX

KRiSX Member

leveling is def quicker than wow... tho i'm finding it slowing down a lot now (still at 36)... mind you i'm doing a lot of non-leveling stuff... crafting... exploring... etc

17. Shawry

Shawry Member

I dont see why you'd be suprised? You'd hit lvl 13 in WoW in 5-6 hours, same as Rift!

Levelling really slows down mid 40's, and it takes a solid gaming session to gain a level each time. I'm so close to 50 just can't get enough spare time to do it!

18. L4ncer

L4ncer Member

Greetings Darkvoid, I believe I just killed you in rock ridge - scarlet gorge. Wish I knew about the OCAU guild before I rolled on the opposing faction. Oh well :leet:

19. Borgod

Borgod Member

What guild are you in?

20. shizmo

shizmo Member

I found lvling thru 30's slowed down a bit... But now Im at 42 there's crapload of quests to do and its sped up again.