Ring of Elsyium PUBG Clone that is Better than PUBG

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by TamedShrew, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Is it right to call it a clone? Isn't it more like a derivative of two successful investments? Tencent is like the largest entertainment publisher in the world and has stakes in both the game engine and the developer.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  2. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

There is leaning. You just have to ads while near a corner. It does it automatically for you.

I love how there's avalanches and shit! Me and 2 mates were on a hillside going towards a bunch of chalets. All of a sudden avalanche wiped it all out and we had to deal with 2 teams of 4 in the open. Luckily we faired fairly well in that occasion! :D

walker_2003 likes this.
  3. Dilligaf666

Dilligaf666 Member

Enjoying this a lot
    Not bad for a free game -has had a couple of updates in the last few weeks
    very tense trying to get on that chopper at the end - I have made it 3 times but KIA climbing the ladder once

walker_2003 likes this.
  4. ZXR

ZXR Member

I've been playing this since it hit Steam and have to say I've been enjoying it heaps. The movement options (hang glider/snowboard/climbing-ziplining) is excellent fun. Haven't managed to win a game yet but have made top 10 quite a few times now.
    I rate this higher than PUBG due to the sound being MUCH better and the movement options really changing the dynamic of how you play.
    And as mentioned above, for the princely sum of $0, it's totally worth downloading and having a go!

5. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

just needs some more optimisation. Cod blackout will take a lot of BR away from PUBG/ROE this weekend. Not sure if it will hold them though.

6. Arctic_Silver08

Arctic_Silver08 Member

YER BUT MAH DATA'S!!!

7. alch

alch Member

Prefer RoE over pubgeh any day.

8. fcyde

fcyde Member

its great for a free game, def better than pubg

9. iNoob

iNoob Member

Yep, started playing today.

Significantly better than PUBG. If we had OCE servers then PUBG will truly die.

Only semi gameplay gripe is the final helicopter can cause huge stalemates. Had one game with 16 alive and one team was camping a window. Essentially everyone was fighting then died to blizzard.

10. bart5986

bart5986 Member

The game has a lot more potential then pubg, but its lacking so much compared to pubg I don't see how you could call it better.

The endgame is pretty bad though, the helicopter idea is great but all the camping and spamming of medkits makes it worse then pubg.

11. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

What's it lacking though? Has more features then Pubg. I still currently prefer Pubg but not because it has more features.

12. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Guns are not realistic, sounds are poor, models aren't very good
    Vehicle physics/realism are a joke
    Items aren't very good, looting in general doesn't feel that good
    Buildings are basic and not very interesting
    Graphics are lacking in some areas

And I saw all of this in a very short time playing.

Pubg had everything listed here on launch, although its had its own problems.

The temperature/weather idea is very interesting, but they haven't done anything interesting with it.

Basically I think they potentially have a better game then pubg in 1-2 years, but by that time literally anything can happen.

The only real benefit this game has is the different gameplay idea and that its free and everyone seems to have lower expectations for that.

13. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

From what I saw it had more detail then Pubg (apart from inside buildings but pubg isn't that detailed inside).

Pubg didn't even have vaulting in it until just before 1.0 and it's physics aren't amazing often cars flip out for no reasons. In terms of early access vs early access when they both first released roe is light years ahead.

As for Gameplay and gunplay etc that's subjective but I prefer Pubg gunplay. I would still prefer Pubg exact as it is but in a decent engine like frostbite.

14. bart5986

bart5986 Member

Have you actually played either games?

It sounds like you haven't because I was literally rolling down hills sideways in my vehicles and I was fine.

15. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Played both. Pubg tons.. If you think Pubg vehicle physics are fine and don't glitch out, you haven't played enough. It's half the fun the lottery as to what they will do. The other week I got into a buggy and it just flipped onto its roof.. Stationary.

This is a good laugh too.

16. bart5986

bart5986 Member

I never said Pubg physics were fantastic.

Its just that the physics in ring of Elsyium are 1000x worse.

Just because two things are not great, it doesn't mean they are the same.

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Well I haven't used vehicles much in RoE but they did feel bit tacky but didn't experience glitches with em. Not to say that doesn't happen.

Anyway i wasn't talking about vehicles i was talking about the condition of the game when both at equivalent development stages I think RoE is winning that race. But not overly important one.

18. roamin

roamin Member

never played ROE until about 2 weeks ago, what a great game, only downside is all the softcocks playing in 3rd person, 1st person cant get a game as no one plays 1st on asia. 1st on US servers works but is laggy.

much better experience in roe then i get in pubg, pubg devs should give up. 2 guys i play online with were in the belgium pubg finals for aus. so ive played a lot of pubg, shame the devs seemed to have given up on it.

19. Maneki_Neko

Maneki_Neko Member

What about minecraft with the minecrack UHC team. I mean it wasn't native I believe it was modded in the spigot days, but it would still take precedence.
    Last man standing, reducing area ring, first person shooter/melee combat, teams; literally everything that makes these battle royales what they are right there in minecraft.
    Can't claim originality unless your the source.

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Old quote haha, I think the main issue with early build of this game was it seemed to even use PUBG sounds and other stuff. But yeah cant sue for the game mode.