RIP P3V4X ... i shall miss ya..

Discussion in 'Other CPUs and chipsets' started by orwinsennen, Aug 13, 2001.

1. orwinsennen

orwinsennen Member

Hi,
    I bought it one year two months ago ... i had a 700@933 cooled with an Alpha .. a geforce ddr ... Yesterday .. it just didn't boot up ... i individually removed all the cards and tested them .. ram ok, geforce ok,cpu ok,Sb live ok.. the led on the board lights up .. but no beeps .no display .. I cleaned the slot ... agp slot too.
    No beeps... no display... i don't understand ... so suddenly .. removed the battery reset the bios.. no use .. no beeps no display.. changed the power supply .. no use ... looks like it gone.. I shall miss ya ... i now head over to buy the arch nemisis . Asus Cusl2... Anyone who has any words of sympathy or advice on the future .. let me know.. :( sniff..

2. johnnyriCo

johnnyriCo New Member

I have(Had) exact same problem...

anyone got any ideas..
    my problem however i got long beeps....

FARKENFARKEN

3. The Beast

The Beast Member

Yup, mine bought the farm a few months back, but with diff symptoms. Mine would hard lock after power on anywhere from 2 - 30 secs into the boot. I swapped out EVERYTHING possible on the board, right down to the cmos battery. Still stuffed. I reckon a capacitor or something power related has died so it just can't stay stable for long.

I was using it 24/7 as my 'net box', so when it died, I had to shift the intel 815 chipsetted Abit SA6R into it's spot.

So now I need a games boxen! I finally decided on the Epox 8K7A+ and TBird 1.33 with 256mb of Crucial DDR ram. Best damn decision I've made in a long time. This things absolutely flies. I was a bit of an Intel CPU man before, but I don't think I'll be looking at Intel CPUs for a good long while after tasting AMD power.

RIP P3V4X, you served me well.

4. DeLaw340

DeLaw340 Member

It's possible you fried fried your bios or lost its info. you can get another one at www.badflash.com at a low cost.

5. johnnyriCo

johnnyriCo New Member

Yo The Flash!

EXACT EXACT same symptoms..

mine started to hard lock..
    then died..

it slowly degraded... then didn't work at all..
    I'm PISSED!..

wonder what the problem is...