1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Fresh79, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Vladdo

Vladdo Member

Bought from a 3rd party official supplier.

Edit: Deleted and uninstalled. That 'easyanticheat' thing seems nasty..

"3. EasyAntiCheat will take screenshots of your game screen and upload them on public servers, viewable to everyone."

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. damo13579

damo13579 Member

Source of above quote?

Their website states screenshots are only used in CSGO tournaments when the organiser specifically sets it up.

http://support.easyanticheat.net/kb/privacy

3. bobbavet

bobbavet Member

Yeh just popped on. Was better than I thought. I was concerned at first as I went to the practice range first and all seemed pretty ordinary. Clunky and lack luster, weapons looked good though. Going online though was a whole different visual.

Something about the engine is not quite pulling off the realism/atmosphere for. Maybe some haze or softening of some edges and textures. Everything is crisp AF. The engine is optimized great though and getting 60fps @ 4k. To have pulled this off with the UE4 is an achievement in itself, especially for a FPS. The maps and building detail is excellent. Equipment animations are good. Would like more Jungle and terrain maps personally.

Had some good game play and kills straight off the bat. Surprising since I am not use to keyboard controls and could not jump, prone and all the other dodgey stuff I am use to with a G13 game pad set up. Will be setting the G13 up today.

Was an insta buy for me. Great price. I know it has been in dev for quite awhile and have been following on YT (which I thought was a bit "meh" to be honest. I felt the payment was deserved for the effort and my surprise to how good it looked. I would pay for a SP campaign based on it.

Slight gripe, the voip is not being used that I could hear. This may change hopefully as more take it up. I hope it's not because it is buggy.

If I could heavily bag it on one point. MEDIC!!!!!!
    I am a battlefield medic, I enjoy being medic and helping people. Running through fire fights and smoke to help my team mates. Even when they think it's IMPOSIBRULL! Yelling out on the VOIP mic "Hold tight! Am trying to get to you, Don't give up!" Taking down a few and move in for the heal. Advising the injured on the situation before bringing them up. I like getting a squad/team top score as Medic with only a couple of kills. With people saying "damn you worked your ass off and helped us". That thrill will not be in this game for me as it is. :(

If these guys could hook up with the SQUAD devs I am sure some battlfield nirvana could be reached.

Caution – If you have seizures set of by visual triggers, do not click "Woodstock" mode for menu. lol

4. r8response

r8response Member

It's definitely used... Unfortunately, most of the time it's only used to shit talk another player (Commander) or if you're the Vietcong it's about the stupid asian accents

5. bobbavet

bobbavet Member

It may improve on clan run servers where rules can be applied and kick BS players.

6. r8response

r8response Member

That's what I'm hoping.

I'm also hoping they'll implement some sort of map weight system for the post game voting. Hue City every 2nd game is getting tiring.

7. damo13579

damo13579 Member

The server I was on last night it was being used pretty well, actually had people communicating and working together. Was probably why we were stomping on the other team.

8. budzilla

budzilla Member

I've played it for 2 or so hours. Seems good although I did like the previous RO2 games.

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Watching some recent gameplay, for something that's not quite out yet it looks pretty good. I too, did enjoy the previous RO games. Absolutely loved the first one!

10. terroristone

terroristone Member

coming from the likes of BF this game seems much like squad, very clunky and awkward with its movement which im finding a bit frustrating...

11. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

Anyone else getting high ping issues? Pings in the server browser are lower than my in game ping by ~50ms

Coming from the likes of a 4 door sedan, this bike seems rather windy with its lack of doors.

Sorry, that was rather snide.

Anyway, given your previous post in the squad thread, I think you need to look into these games a little more before jumping into them. Their intent isn't to play like BF, so it's somewhat unfair to criticise them for not playing like battlefield.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
  12. OP
    OP
    Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

I really hope they had joystick support for the choppers soon, I cannot fly with the mouse no matter how much practice I give it.

13. emett

emett Member

I found it to be poo and I had great fund in the red storm games.

14. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Just picked this up. I should have time to give it a go this weekend :thumbup:

15. terroristone

terroristone Member

I think you may be missing what im trying to say, the game mechanics of both these games is their let down in my opinion, turning 40 now and have played so many games over the years to me its a big let down to see game developers take back steps, i mean even half life had and still has way better movement in its environment. 1 thing springs to mind is how you are not able to steady the scope, you have to wait for the breathing points to steady, what a crock of shit. I dont expect an arcade style play, but i do expect to be able to move around way better than in these 2 games especially since its 2017 and the technology is there to be able to do it.

16. r8response

r8response Member

Hold down the shift key to steady your aim....

17. GoneFishin22

GoneFishin22 Member

That's the same in BF1....

18. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

What you describe, the sight sway, is a deliberate design choice(steady with shift); in the same way your vision blurs when you are suppressed. This isn't a game in which you run and gun, it requires a far more deliberate play style.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of room for improvement ( texture pop ins, dated engine etc), but complaining about breathing affecting your aim lends weight to the argument that this isn't a game for you.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  19. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Press shift to steady your scope ;)

Unfortunately the RPG doesn't get that. It's just blind fire / dumb luck :weirdo:

20. r8response

r8response Member

The "Long" Double Barrel shotty on the Vietnamese side is a laugh. Popping people in the melon from 100m away :D