Roundup of the 8 New Gaming Platforms Launching in 2013...

Discussion in 'Game Consoles' started by Eagertman, Apr 24, 2013.

?

Which of the console releases are you most interested in?

Poll closed Nov 25, 2013.
  1. Ouya

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  2. Gamestick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wikipad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Steambox

18 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Nvidia Shield

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  6. Playstation 4

43 vote(s)
    68.3%
  7. Razer Edge

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. XBox One

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Eagertman

Eagertman Member

http://www.eteknix.com/roundup-of-the-8-new-gaming-platforms-launching-in-2013/

Update - New info added to article to include all releases for 2013:

Also note, the 'Razer Edge' is being released.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge-pro

I'll probably just stick with the PS4 if I don't see any real alternative adoption from the masses.

Vote in the poll. You can make more than one selection.

[ HyRax1 edit: Added "XBox One" to the poll by request. ]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. munchkin1

munchkin1 Member

Ouya, Gamestick, Wikipad, Nvidia shield - not interested (and in the case of ouya and gamestick, cheap rubbish), if I wanted to play android/iOS type games I play them on my phone. Sure there are some awesome games but if I'm gonna play a full on FPS I want my computer, if I'm gonna play something like pokemon/mario/zelda handheld I want a real handheld console like a 3DS which has far better gaming attributes.

Steambox - already have a gaming PC so not interested

Playstation 4 - will probably buy one and then rarely use it just like my Ps3 lol. Only use it for propriety titles or things like sport/racing which I prefer on console over PC.

Razer edge - Nope, already got a macbook retina with windows 8 for mobile PC gaming. Macbook has better graphics card, significantly better CPU, significantly better screen, etc. Don't see the point in getting a tablet instead unless I desperately needed better portability (which I don't)

3. Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger Member

is there anything definite on the new xbox as yet? I thought with the PS4 being released this year microsoft would be in on the party as well.

4. OP
    OP
    Eagertman

Eagertman Member

http://thediplomat.com/pacific-mone...release-date-specs-better-than-playstation-4/

AND..

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/16924/20130423/xbox-720-vs-ps4-microsoft-s-used.htm

This seems a bummer...

Though this comment at the bottom, "The title says it IS real, but the article suggests that is just PROBABLY is, not confirmed. This article has a very misleading title, it's all still speculation" makes sense.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  5. Blah72

Blah72 Member

I don't see the point of all these new consoles, its just market over saturation all but like 1 or 2 will just die pretty quickly. I hate mobile games as it is i cant imagine paying for a dedicated gaming machine for them. They're just something quick to play when your waiting around. I keep hearing in the news how Nintendo etc's biggest competition is mobile games like iPhone etc, and i cant help but laugh every time.

Only one i might get is a PS4.

6. HunterBunter

HunterBunter Member

It's just capitalism at work. The ones that best satisfy actual consumer demand will succeed and have babies, and the rest will inexorably forge their way to bankruptcy.