Ryzen 3000 series CPUs = Utter Disappointment

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Azzan, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azzan

Azzan Member

IMHO, Ryzen 3000 series is utter disappointment.. and yes, you could say that I hate AMD for tricking everyone with BS specs, because I believe that AMD got someone to leak the totally fake specs for obvious profit.
    I thought about buying AMD stock when I was read it back in early Dec last year.. luckily I didn't, but AMD stock price have been rising steadily since Dec last year just after the BS leaks.
    [​IMG]

I can't blame some nobody called Jim from AdoredTV, wccftech, etc for leaking the fake specs..
    Specs were WAY too good to be true, it's my fault for believing it.. :(
    But don't think I was the only one, if you read the comments posted on the leaked specs back in 5th Dec 2018(https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/p...s-have-leaked-up-to-16-cores-and-5-1-ghz.html), most people thought the leaked specs were correct not because specs were leaked by reputable sites, but probably because Ryzen 3000 series were 7nm.

We all got excited by leaked Ryzen 7 3700X, Ryzen 9 3800X and 3850X specs because they were supposed to be much better than i9 9900K at lower price!!!
    [​IMG]

and what do we actually get after 6+ months of waiting?
    [​IMG]

We only get one 12 core CPU that's 400MHz slower than leaked(3700X), so we already know it's gonna be much slower than 9900K for games, and probably slower for video editing etc too. If I had to bet money, I'd say it's gonna also run hotter than 9900K(both at stock) since X570 runs much hotter than X470, and therefore you probably can't overclock 3900X at all. 9900K also runs hot but at least you can overclock it a bit with high-end cooling.

So we'll we ever get leaked spec CPUs(5GHz 12/24, 5.1GHz 16/32 for US$329/$499) from AMD?
    Maybe in 2020-2021 with Ryzen 9 4900X.. if we are lucky.

2. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

...and despite their inadequacies amd have been doing really well with ryzen 1000 and 2000 series.
    there have been leaks about intel products that have proven to be just the imaginings of a creative liar. and the same has happened with the amd leaks. you'll get over it.

enjoy the 9900k and your intel rebellion! :lol:

3. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Obviously it's my assumption based on the fact that
    1. Ryzen 3000 series yield doesn't seem to be doing so well, 6 and 8 core variants are only 4.4GHz/4.5GHz, only 200MHz faster than current Ryzen 2000 series.
    2. X570 runs much hotter than X470.
    Not sure why you have to get so upset, but w/e..

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  4. asho444

asho444 Member

1. What proof do you have that it isn't yielding well? Because it doesn't do 5ghz? I tell barely can without phase change cooling
    It could simply be a limitation of the arch that doesn't let it get to 5ghz.

Do you not care about IPC?

X570 runs hotter, no one is really sure why yet and if anything the better heatsinks they need to apply will improve oc.

Really all your saying in this thread is I was a gullible fool and I will blame the company for my own stupidity :thumbup:

NismoR31, Kookooburra and MUTMAN like this.
  5. Elchupacabraj

Elchupacabraj Member

My brain is 200mhz slower after reading this thread.

coolroy, Foles, Geno and 12 others like this.
  6. demiurge3141

demiurge3141 Member

Show us on the doll where AMD touched you. Go on.

coolroy, Geno, hellaflush and 10 others like this.
  7. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

so. you could of made money, and didnt, and now you're lucky you didnt ??

yep. logic confirmation.

coolroy, Kaine[zof] and money_killer like this.
  8. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

lol how do you know if I didn't make a better investment choice? AI > AMD

9. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

So if no leaks or 'bad' leaks had occured you're saying the stock price would have been higher ??

lol. Are you CJs cousin ? half brother/sister ? mum/dad ?

bob05 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Wow are you really that stupid? Obviously AMD stock price went up thanks to bs leaked specs.

11. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

:shock: the great fanboi leaked spec crash of May 29 you heard it here first!

coolroy likes this.
  12. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

You are related to CJ.
    Hahahhahaa
    Hahhahahahahahhahahahahahahha

coolroy and bob05 like this.
  13. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

CJs sister. Or is it his mum ? Wait, same thing
    Hahahhahahahaha

coolroy likes this.
  14. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Stop feeding Azman. He obviously doesn’t know what he’s talking about. He mentioned yields. Lol hilarious.

15. mtw

mtw Member

This thread has turned to shit... although I guess it started off shit...

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  16. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Anyone who was disappointed in Ryzen 3000 had unrealistically high expectations and got sucked in by the clickbait circus. Period. You were warned.

The reality is, Ryzen appears to have actually caught up with Intel, and is the most successful new architecture since Conroe knocked AMD off its perch in the first place.

Its been a pretty amazing rise to the top, one people would not have believed was possible 5 years ago, and one that can only be good for all enthusiasts, consumers, commerce and science.

Just enjoy the new climate of competition, rejoice and stop whining about it. Either spend your money on overpriced underperforming Intel space heaters to stay warm, or come in from the cold.

Kookooburra, VirtualNinja and Zenskas like this.
  17. TaroT

TaroT Member

yeah ok investors listen to leaks...do you really think anyone investing millions is that stupid. look at the 6 month chart for intel in april they were 58 dollars now down to 43 dollars...oops that's a massive dive and they are now back to January levels. whereas amd…. in April were 28 dollars and now....28 dollars and in January...16 dollars... I know where I would put my cash.as for the actual chips and boards...pcie 4 thanks very much have a look at the hard drive performance jumps using that...pretty damn big. etc etc etc so yeah there you go

bob05 likes this.
  18. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

AMD has provided industry leading advancements 3 times in a row now. Ryzen, zen+ and zen 2. After 10 years of 4 core Intel chips and marginal gains.

Entitlement setting in already?

You are completely forgetting IPC. 15% that is something massive to miss. And the leaks never specificed if the clocks were in addition to the IPC gain or theoretical clocks.

If you add the 15% IPC the 3900x is zen+ equivalent to 4.37 base and 5.29ghz boost. Which happens to be BANG on what the leaks said.

If you are still disappoint with the very first 7nm release then you visited the coolaid factory and drank an entire Vat worth.

AMD has more up it's sleeve.

Kookooburra and Zenskas like this.
  19. rage

rage Member

You always know someone is off their rocker when they resort to stock price conspiracy theories.

2_stroke likes this.
  20. OP
    OP
    Azzan

Azzan Member

Leaks were spread all over the net and many assumed leaked specs were correct, news likes that's gonna have direct impact on stock prices. (and yes I'm using leaks as proof that AMD mislead the community when I have zero proof that AMD is the source of the leaks, but that's what I believe)

Anyway fact is that actual Ryzen 3000 series are utter disappointment compared to leaked specs imo. We are not getting any 16 core CPUs, on average Ryzen 3000 series are 400MHz slower than leaked specs.
    We were suppose to get 3 CPU's performing better than i9 9900K at lower price, but in reality 9900K > All Ryzen 3000 series.
    [​IMG]
    According to leaked specs, we were suppose to get four 8-16 core CPU's running @ 4.7-5.1GHz.
    But we only get one 12 core CPU @ 4.6 GHz. Rest are 6-8 core CPUs @ 4.2-4.5GHz.. sigh
    Yes I'm(or we're) a fool for believing leaks from known AMD fanboys. :(

Last edited: May 30, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.