Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Supersize

Supersize Member

Well Startrack pulled up, I was like a kid a xmas, they carry this big box up wrapped it black plastic, signed off, cut the plastic, it was the Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic case I ordered with the rest of the gear.
    Everything else is due tomorrow, didn't notice the whole "Orders with bulky items are sent in multiple consignments" when I ordered to gear late that night.

On well I'll keep on waiting until tomorrow.

Case is beautiful BTW.... :lol:

adamsleath likes this.
  2. Rod M

Rod M Member

yes the O11 Dynamic is a nice case,

only bad thing is the restriction to GPU height if running watercooling,

3. DNX

DNX Member

Hopefully the O11 Dynamic XL that was seen at Computex won't be far away as that fixes the problem with GPU's

4. OJR

OJR Member

Check the video that Supersize posted by Jay.

5. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Wow you got a formula??? Why???

6. Supersize

Supersize Member

Why not, I got one myself... :lol:

I sat down and added up what this complete build cost me:
    $‭4,778‬, without a PSU/storage drive, reused the HX850i and 4TB WD Black.

Now that's not just the base hardware, it's fans, few extra cables, those odds and sods you use but forget when you order stuff...lol...

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  7. OJR

OJR Member

Buildzoid said it was the most useless board in the Asus line up. You're paying $300 for an oled display basically.

Actually here in Australia we are already getting arse fucked hard on the hero so the uplift to the formula is not so bad.

8. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

Haha where did he say that??

I asked cos when I reviewed the Motherboards on Asus website I couldn’t figure out why you would pay so much for it over the hero.

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

Not as bad as the Aorus Xtreme $1200 board.

10. Supersize

Supersize Member

While I respect Buildzoid's knowledge of the VRM and electrical layout on motherboard, he's other opinions on the extra's etc are just that his opinion.
    I saw on of the recent video's about what motherboard he would buy, pretty low without the bells and whistles.

As someone said before, you don't need a $500,000 car, but people still buy them and they are nice to own :lol:

11. glnn_23

glnn_23 Member

Started playing with my 3900x and Asus CH7 last night. Have to say not easy. Bios needs a bit of work.

Very first thing to do when in bios is to turn down core voltage.
    Here's a rough OC 4.4Ghz. Under load Vcore drops to 1.275v. Need to do fresh Win10 install and spend time on the memory.
    Cpu and VRM temps seem no problem on this short run.

Click to view full size!

12. Supersize

Supersize Member

Would love to see some BIOS setting screenshots if you can, would give some of us a good starting point...

13. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

I personally would have gotten the gigbyte master board and saved a few bucks and had all the features of the asus board(minus the wc;ing) a better VRM as well

the asus board isnt a bad board but it is too much for what it offers vs the competition

14. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

The formula was only $150 more than the Hero had 5g lan, a better “look” and the silly little OLED panel.

Mainly though it was available and I haven’t bought the top tier in a while.

15. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

At the end of it I like Asus bios and know nothing about gigabytes. Asus have historically been much quicker with bios updat s than gigabyte or MSI

My second choice was the godlike but I couldn’t quite buy an MSI mobo.......

16. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

Yet people say Gigabyte has bad bios. Also some people say the chipset fan on Gigabyte boards are loud since it spins at 100%.

17. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

it was the asus board that killed steves cpu GN used a gigabyte board in their testing and it worked the bios had no variance and the results were not needed to be be updated unlike with other reviewers that tested on aus boards

the vrm on the gigabyte is far better as well and asus needs to learn how to do water cooling properly -- wtf they put a water block on a vrm that does not really need it and still use a fan on the chipset -- major fail -- they could have at least had a heat pipe over to the vrm heatsink/block and had it passsivly cooled.

18. Supersize

Supersize Member

I've been using the ROG layout for years now, I'm used to it and more comfortable overclocking with it.
    I did have a Gigabyte board back with my 4790k, I didn't like it at all.

If I'm making the big jump to another platform I still want my familiarity :p

Steve never said the model or board in his video, where did you find out it was Asus?
    Oh I do remember him saying it was a early review copy of the BIOS though.

If it was Asus, Jay just answered why it might of happened, but then pointed out what to manually set the voltages to, it'll be the first thing I do.

19. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Same sort of thing with me.. I stuck with Gigabyte from 2004-2014, and then with Ryzen and never let me down.
    BUT!

Interested to see what people think about Gigabytes X570 boards.

Know a lot of people had problems with their X370 and X470 boards... I personally haven't with my 370 and 350. I'm still stuck in the 2003-2014 mindset where gigabyte boards were just better.

Anyone actually have a gigabyte X570 coming from an older board/platform? opinions?

20. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

BIOS defaults are not working..getting blue screen with buzzing noise.