Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

shane41 likes this.
  2. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

looks nice, is that an IN/OUT over the vcore for watercooling? shame they didnt extend it down to get rid of that fan

3. Supersize

Supersize Member

Yeah it would of been nice, even just a heat pipe, a waterblock probably wouldn't of fit due to the GPU being there.

4. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

more so went there for computex and failzen launch specifically but somehow im bitter at and hate AMD

if intel failed as hard and disappointed as much I would be equally as cynical with them or nvidia for that matter.

Credit where it is due though ryzen does provide competition in productivity workloads and is good value for that for most users ( but were not like most users are we) an I have no doubt responsible for recent intel price cuts / core increases.

though this advantage only lies because they were first to a new process node -- we will see how much longer

there are boards that are passively cooled and MSI has a board that has a heat pipe down to the chipset

5. chook

chook Member

Glad to see that you have acknowledged your mistakes and corrected the problem then ;).

6. Supersize

Supersize Member

But I don't want MSI, I'll never got through MSI BS again, it was my first x99 board, had a 5820k and it sucked for overclocking, it was just hard lock with a failed overclock, no BSOD, stop code, no event, it was shit.

Shit it felt strange using PGA again, I just dropped the 3900x into the Formula, I wasn't stressing about bending LGA motherboard pins for once, I know PGA pins are so much stronger :lol:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  7. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

I find it ironic you bag out AMD for adding "MOAR CORES" but you were fine with it in the fake Intel leaks...

MSI Ryzen boards are really good, I was the exact same as you but I picked one up with my 2700 and its pretty solid especially for a MATX board (2700 @ 4.1ghz.)

8. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

Welli got a bargain car 97 ek civic from a mechanic with log for 1k lmao

9. Supersize

Supersize Member

May look at one further down the track, I've just had no problems with Asus, the guys at the RMA centre are really good, most of the time I'll go straight to them.

Court Jester likes this.
  10. RnR

RnR Member

A Gigabyte representative have said the following in response to the statement that noone wants a chipset fan - "Might be possible to just make an accessory chipset heatsink. Easier than forking the production line and product stack. I'll pass it along." - https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cby8og/aorus_x570_fan_stop_profiles/etjin1u/

I would think a few manufacturers are evaluating passive cooling possibilities on the x570.

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

12. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

I agree the Asus rma process is fantastic but msi and gigabyte are pretty good and Australian based as well

Gigabyte have a passive cooled x570 board it's not hard to do it just pushes the price up

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2019
    shane41 likes this.
  13. Supersize

Supersize Member

Well frig me, I'm on my old 8700k NVMe boot drive, no fresh install running my Ryzen 3900x.
    Voltages weren't like what Jay found out of the box other than the CPU voltage which was 1.436v, just dropped it down to 1.3v for now.

Fuck me those AM4 mounting brackets suck with the Corsair AIO's, it's on but not pretty at the moment. I just booted to test everything before cleaning everything up.

Out if the box no overclock using AMD's XMP for my 16 18 18 38 3200Mhz ram, my Cinebench 15 score was 3133 off the old boot drive..

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    darkbastard and GoneFishin22 like this.
  14. me28791

me28791 Member

might want to look at https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/

is an issue with most monitoring tools. In regards to the out of box voltage

15. chook

chook Member

That is a convenient sounding but plausible presentation of facts like I would expect to hear from my teenage son. I may be forced to give you the benefit of the doubt but...
    [​IMG]

16. Court Jester

Court Jester Member

What.......What......WHAT........the cpu voltage on AUTO out of the box @ 1.436v IS a problem

17. Supersize

Supersize Member

Other than, I said other than, See Jay saw stupidly high voltages on SOC, Dram, PLL, CLDO VDDG etc, that never happened with me, only the CPU, which I do agree is freakin scary for a stock Auto voltage.

CPU is idling at about 34c under a 360mm Corsair AIO, Max temp is 72c running CInebench.

18. glnn_23

glnn_23 Member

RnR, chook, PureFire and 2 others like this.
  19. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

Those are some great results mate, nicely done :)

shane41 likes this.
  20. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

Quoting the text in full because it is IMPORTANT and certainly relevant.