Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Supersize

Supersize Member

Oh I love AMD, got my Coupon code now I have to run the AMD PRODUCT VERIFICATION TOOL, Yay more AMD shit software... :lol:

Oh just saw this too:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. Plonkflopped

Plonkflopped Member

How are your voltages with ryzen master with the selected chipset drivers you installed ?

3. me28791

me28791 Member

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14639/no-amd-still-isnt-enabling-pcie-4-on-300400-series-boards

4. partybear

partybear Member

What is this coupon code you speak of, and how can I get what ever it is for myself?

5. Supersize

Supersize Member

I haven't reinstall Ryzen Master, I can show you with Hwinfo if you like.
    I'm running with a -0.1250 offset, bringing voltages down to about 1.35v

3 Months of free Xbox/PC Game Pass, use it to play Gears 5 the advertisement says...lol
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/a...e-months-with-processors-and-video-cards.html

I just emailed PCCGear and they sent out the code.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  6. me28791

me28791 Member

https://www.amd.com/en/where-to-buy/promotions3

make sure you bought via one of those stores for umart I had to contact them for it.

its 3 months of game pass when you buy a radeon card or amd cpu (limited series)

7. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

How long will B450 be around until EOL?

8. terroristone

terroristone Member

Not too sure, but i have to say it will be longer than Intel boards. :tongue:

cbjaust likes this.
  9. DNX

DNX Member

B450Max has been stated to come out on Gamers Nexus with 32mb bios chips.

10. Supersize

Supersize Member

This is funny, the system info is 1Mhz under spec since I did the BIOS update while trying to fix the RGB :lol::

Click to view full size!

11. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Member

Need more RGB then.

12. Supersize

Supersize Member

At the end of the day I don't really care about the RGB, I was worried of a hardware failure, bloody glad it wasn't.... :lol:

terroristone likes this.
  13. Phido

Phido Member

Cool, I guess I still won't buy a board... Maybe I can return the CPU too, as the no one can sell me a mitx board to put it in.
    Not that I am terribly worried about PCI4, but...

FARKING HELL AMD.
    WHERE ARE THE X570 FARKING MITX BOARDS?
    WHERE ARE THE PATCHED MITX B450 and X470 BOARDS?
    WHY DO YOU CASTRATE A PLATFORM THAT IS TECHNICALLY CAPABLE, WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN OFFER THE NEWER REPLACEMENT. WHY DID ASUS/MSI completely pull their MITX boards and Gigabytes x570 still only has 1 M2 slot, still only has GB ethernet, and is getting the full $100 extra Australia tax, if you can find someone who can actually ship it (not warehouse TBC).

I have CPU, RAM and SSD, case, PSU.. No farking board to put them in. I can buy either unpatched B450 or x470 board that won't boot with the CPU. Or continue to have no board to put them in. Either way doesn't making a working farking computer.

14. Phido

Phido Member

Lets check on the status of MITX AM4 boards at the moment..
    upload_2019-7-15_17-31-37.png

15. Xeonae

Xeonae Member

That board is in-stock at PLE if you're actually looking to buy it.

16. Phido

Phido Member

upload_2019-7-15_17-32-51.png
    Wow what a selection.
    https://www.ple.com.au/Products/636612/Gigabyte-X570-I-Aorus-Pro-WiFi-AM4-mITX-Desktop-Motherboard
    upload_2019-7-15_17-44-20.png
    So awesome, just the whole of Eastern Australia has sold out of them.. I'm in Sydney by the way, and given the number of issues people are having with AM4 mobos, I think I would prefer something closer than Perth, so if it bricks itself I could walk in or at least low cost/quick mail it back..

Not only that, in the US its only $300 AUD.. So a hefty 33% Australia tax on that board...

upload_2019-7-15_17-35-53.png
    Cool, just need to wait a month to get a FARKING LAST GEN BOARD.... That, and I still need to pay someone $10 to flash with an updated BIOS!
    The MSI boards I wouldn't touch because even MSI said they are going to revise the board because the BIOS chips are too small and you have to give up a bunch of features like RAID (like its gone completely) and existing Ryzen CPU's to support it.. Obviously it is unlikely to ever be compatible with future Ryzen CPU's as well.

What I would accept is a ROG STRIX B450-I (x470)(with 2 M2 slots)
    • Under $230
    • With Ryzen 3000 compatible BIOS.
    • Somewhere in eastern Australia
    • Immediate Delivery
    or a mitx x570 ~$300 on the east coast of Australia

Attached Files:

17. Xeonae

Xeonae Member

Did you include GST in the motherboard price? Cheapest price for that board I can find is $310 AUD in America. + GST = $340. ~17% Australia Tax? Eh.

Honestly not sure what you expected with a new launch from AMD? They have never really done well in this regard. Wait for the waters to calm if you can't handle them. ;)

18. Dave

Dave Member

Same quality, but about 1/3 the file size.

19. Phido

Phido Member

$399 + in Aus so its about 20-30% price markup.
    For ~$200 you could go from a 3700x to a 3900x. Which would obviously be a better decision.. X570 boards only make sense if you are buying a x3900 or x3950. Even then AU gets screwed, if you can find the one single board that is currently available.

I thought a sub $200 Mitx board would be easy, there was a wealth of choice between $150-$200. Dozens of stores stocked them before the launch. The Ryzen 2 launch, was pretty much seemless.

Few seem interested in BIOS updating. I guess they figure its EOL and they will sell them anyway..
    All are now $20-30 more expensive, and then they sold out.

I clearly should have invested my super into B450 MITX board futures, I would be a rich man..

[​IMG]

I guess I am more used to purchasing intel products, I don't usually have to scramble to pay crazy prices for the single and only board available in the world. Available only from one supplier, not in my state. Last AMD board I bought was an Asus AM2 board for my 720BE. I don't recall that being an issue at all. I just walked in and bought it.

Thats ok, I've learnt my lesson..
    I probably won't buy AMD again.
    I doubt I will buy through an Australian reseller again.
    I had a lot of fun with my 386 build. I was hoping I was going to have a lot of fun with my Ryzen build. I guess those days are gone. Maybe I sell the gear and do something else.

20. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Meh, there are always stock shortages and limited choices on new releases. Doesn't matter which team you play for. Wifey has 200GE on a Strix 450i (yeah I know, kind of waste) she is using as a facebooker, but no way would she part with it. Patience, grasshopper.