Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

2. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Yeah naa.. If you go to the main site select motherboards / B350 ..its not there anymore...and those links you sent are not updated.. the latest BIOS is 6.0..no biggie as I already updated..but it looks like they have taken it from the product list.

mesaoz likes this.
  3. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

SnooP-WiggleS likes this.
  4. dukkie

dukkie Member

The latest bios 6.0 is there for me.

Press control + F5 to force refresh the page. Seems like it's cached old content

the_antipop and Bertross like this.
  5. Will S

Will S Member

I see the 3900X has caught AMD by surprise because it keeps selling out.

Had a delay on my 3900X so cancelled because they didnt advise me of the delay. So have ordered elsewhere but its on backorder but I see another site has them for a $100 more............suipply and demand

6. arasta

arasta Member

i thought i might see if i could see anything on that and this caught my eye....
    https://www.extremetech.com/computi...mily-is-dominating-sales-at-european-retailer

this was from the start of the month, covering the jul figures, but i dont expect the Aug numbers to have changed appreciably - and looking at the unit sales and revenue graph %ages, the 3900X is giving quite a revenue boost; even the 3700X. 2-series cpus bringing up the rear, asides from the 36 and 3800X, which seem to be a niche product. Definitely in AMDs interest to tip out as many 3900X's as they can. thats dollars in the bank... as the author noted, at that point the 3900X was in short supply, so the numbers are quite impressive considering. it will be interesting to see the Aug and Sep numbers when they come due.... they may be having trouble keeping it in stock, but it looks to be a nice surprise, on amds side at least....

7. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Something new - something shiny? Control supply to try and make it more shiny?

8. RnR

RnR Member

I don't think AMD is controlling supply. There simply isn't enough cores to go around. Planned EPYC deployments is already in the 100's of thousands of cores.

9. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

Exactly, and if I were in AMD's shoes, do I want desktop SKU margins or server SKU margins (as well as strategic win in the server space). hmmmm
    Its no different to why Intel always goes first with laptops and server SKUs before us desktop enthusiasts get the dregs

10. Will S

Will S Member

PCCG has it marked as soon so I ordered and soon turns out to be October...have found them in stores but at exorbitant prices and I would rather waste another $300 on a 3600X thgen pay $100 higher price.....one store I used a bit but now it is gone from my Vendor list..bloody ripoff SOB's

So maybe get the 3600X and use that to set up my PC and all the new toys then order the 3900X and sell the 3600X for $250 in the forums here?

11. wintermute000

wintermute000 Member

You'd probably get more than 250 but yeah could do that.
    Not sure why you wouldn't just wait though unless you didn't have a working PC. Or just keep sniping good deals leisurely, that's what I did and would do again.

12. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

That's my strategy. I'll just wait until I see the right CPU, in stock, at the right time. I've no desire to be a BETA tester at a higher than necessary price.
    It might be different if I didn't already have a working PC of course.

13. Will S

Will S Member

well just purchased a new mobo , lian li 011 dynamic , M.2 drives, Noctua fans and Kracken X72 and its waiting just for the CPU.........which was supposed to be here on the 27th but now it could be end of September so I cancelled . Want to get my new toy running :-(

Patience is a vitue but I have no virtues what so ever

OJR likes this.
  14. NismoR31

NismoR31 Member

Gotta love Noctua - sent me a free AM4 mounting kit for my 6 year old NH-U14S. Much better than the Wraith prism RGB

Bold Eagle and RnR like this.
  15. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Did you tickle them for that - send in a request?

16. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

wasnt noctua sending new mounting kits for anything as long as you had
    1 pic of the old cooler box
    2 receipt for the old cooler
    3 receipt of the new CPU

17. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Noctua is easily the best cooling company. Best performing, best quality metals and fans and most use friendly.

Bertross, OJR and AlliZ like this.
  18. Bertross

Bertross Member

EK should partner with Noctua.

19. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

20. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

Nah. Don't want ek any chance of rubbing there shit off on them. Ek would be in trouble if noctua started making water kits.

Bertross likes this.