Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Access to the filter takes minimal effort and cleaning is a breeze...........the front cover 'pops' off.

It is loaded with features but at a meaningful price point - the ole "bang for buck"...........

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Oh the f.....ing irony the last part to arrive (due next Monday) is arguably the smallest but one of the most critical (the SSD)...............

This bad boy arrived to day. Hopefully do a slow and purposeful build over the w/e and have it mostly ready for when the Nvme arrives..........
    Ryzen 3700X (2).jpg

P.s. I want to thank everyone for their advice in isolating and choosing suitable parts for the build :thumbup: it significantly aided in the decision making process.

danyell, Perko, SKITZ0_000 and 4 others like this.
  3. Will S

Will S Member

I like dust filters but they can restrict airflow and in some cases more of the front is blocked by the design of the "holes". That is the reason I went the Lian li 011 and it has dust filters everywhere but they are easily accessed. But for the PM02 I think turning the fan curve up will make up for the double filer effect....I have 9 fans in my case....3 at the bottom which cool the M.2 's and GPU. And going to remove the Kracken72 and put in a thermaltake 360 RGB when the 3900X come back into stock at reasonable prices ( no way will I pay the exorbitant ripoffs by some vendors )

Still , the main thing is you are happy with your purchases

in the end a lot of my decisions were made on the "no regret" factor ...yes, saw the reviews and the benchmarks but wtf...its my last build (the eyes are making it hard) but maybe some upgrades to CPU or RAM

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  4. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I look back at it now, after dropping nearly $800 on watercooling gear and I'm like "...why did I not just spend an extra $80 on the mobo?"

I was trying to save a few bucks because I'd only just started a new job. I mean if this new agesa ABBA jobbie ever gets released for my board and it fixes my problem I'll be back to no regrets mode

5. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

You bugger my case is still in the box and you have me looking now - which PC-011 is the unit you have?

I am quite happy with the PM02 and it ticks many boxes for me.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  6. M1ck1

M1ck1 Member

I know what you mean I just upgraded to a 3600X and it does boost to 4.4 stock no PBO X470 but to do it I went back to a early june bios, that had never heard of my 3600 ram and wouldn't boot at XMP so I either have my boost and 3200 with some effort or about 4.2 boost and my 3600 Asus only released ABB for my board, i think thats it, so confusing, on the 9 Sept

7. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

I don't even have ABB yet, my board is still on 1.0.0.3ab

8. M1ck1

M1ck1 Member

What ram have you got, some of the earlier bios support the 3000 series without the boost problems its just back to the memory compatibility

9. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

My ram is lpx 3000, runs fine at 3600 but I don't know shit about timings so I'm using the msi "try it" feature for that.

I'm willing to wait for the abba update, but I just hope it won't take another 6 months to come out

10. M1ck1

M1ck1 Member

Yeah I'm waiting too, don't think it will be that long, I just think AMD dropped the ball by trying to fix something that wasn't necessarily broken,but now it is, temps and voltages crap, every time I checked my voltages on the 2600X they were spiking to 1.5+ but the temps were fine overall, and no frenzy about that, different type of architecture but no outcry about the 2000 series

11. sTeeLzor

sTeeLzor Member

Yeah I am too scared to update my MSI B450 Gaming Carbon Pro until the latest release is out and its up to date. It just works so last thing I need is to kill it with a bios update thats beta.

M1ck1 likes this.
  12. M1ck1

M1ck1 Member

No need to be a beta tester for them especially the bios

13. Will S

Will S Member

I have the 011 Dynamic, the 011 Air got rubbished because of having air flow blocked at the front like the PM02.

But with all reviews you have to remember they test at certain max fan speeds etc andd even the Dynamic was not prasied by Gamers Nexus but he had limited fans in. Its basically the style of case I like ie. the cube type without the cube ( Corsair Carbide Hight Airflow 540 ).

Hate cases that dont give you room behind the motherboard tray

14. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

That is an awesome looking case but I am happy with the PM02 especially as it has 3x140mm front inlets that's still going to be a lot of air moving through the system. The 240mm AIO is going to be managing the CPU so no real concerns.

It is good to have perspective though but it just re-enforces the reasons I bought that case. With my current unit I was having to pull the fans of the rad at least twice a year to suck all the dust out of the H70 so that was a primary concern.

15. darkbastard

darkbastard Member

16. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

another one - towards the end of the video he states a member of his patreon discord came to his house to help w/ testing
    mainly because he has a 3900x that is underperforming & he wanted to see if he lost the silicone lottery - so they tossed it into the aorus master & like in a previous video the chip hit boost clocks + 50mhz on some cores
    (previous video had a 3700 or 3800 @ 4.5 and 4.55 on some cores)

335 GT and RnR like this.
  17. budzilla

budzilla Member

I updated my BIOS to the ABBA one and I got a small bump (+6%) in CPU performance according to the Timespy CPU test. I haven't really been running benchmarks but my system has been stable.

MUTMAN likes this.
  18. dr_deathy

dr_deathy Member

6%. Playing by Intel rules they could release the 4000 series with that sort of gain.

cbjaust and Perko like this.
  19. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

20. budzilla

budzilla Member

I don't even think I would take anything from my result.