1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. chook

chook Member

I am going to just plug all the bits into it on the bench for a little bit at first because all my pieces won't be here and my current desktop is fine. Storage will just be an old SATA SSD for now and the GPU will just be a GPU of some working variety from the cupboard. That is why I thought using this time to do RAM things would be good.

2. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

Below ~3000mhz it’s better to have it uncoupled, especially if you can bump the fclk above 1800.

335 GT likes this.
  3. Pazzu

Pazzu Member

Did you get your 3900x?

My sendle tracker is still stuck on them dropping off the parcel

4. OJR

OJR Member

Nope, I got a tracking number but there have been no updates since then. I have sent them another not so friendly message on eBay and have lodged a case with eBay. Except for the amazing pricing, these FTC guys are a pack of numpties.

... or scumbags. I reckon these guys were selling 3900X stock they didn't even have.

5. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

For 599 there's nothing to complain about !

6. neRok

neRok Member

Same. Posters on ozbargain reckon they might be on holiday for chinese new year.

7. Pazzu

Pazzu Member

I reckon so too, any who, have lodged a case as well as sent a disgruntled message.

Great prices comes at a cost, ironically. I'm really only worried about dealing with DOA with them tbh. Luckily while this "ships" I have my build project to work with.

8. MUTMAN

MUTMAN Member

is that FTC in Sunnybank ?
    absolutely will be on Chinese "we dont give a fuck about shipping your shit" holiday if it is.
    they have a physical shop front in the shopping centre and a "warehouse" thats a house just down the road a bit.
    i personally would pay a few extra bucks and shop elsewhere, the house makes CJs place look 5 star good if thats any indication

edit - none of the above to suggest they wont eventually send you the goodies. just might be a while

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  9. OJR

OJR Member

Unless of course you never get your CPU :lol:

335 GT likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    luke o

luke o Member

Be interested to see if these come with the legit four pipe heatsinks or the fake six pipe ones, apparently someone's been knocking off the wraith coolers! Looks like an inside job, lookup the official reddit.com/r/Amd thread on it.

OJR likes this.
  11. OJR

OJR Member

Will definitely keep an eye out for that.

12. chook

chook Member

Motherboard and RAM got here today. While beginning to ponder assembly for some bench testing I think that perhaps I might have not purchased a power supply. This was supposed to be the wireless motherboard so why I should have to plug the electricity in with a cable I am unsure.

Mine has four pipes.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    MUTMAN likes this.
  13. Mjollnir

Mjollnir Member

When the knock off design is better than the original...

14. OJR

OJR Member

So I received an invoice today. Still no CPU, still no movement on the tracking.

15. chook

chook Member

That is super ordinary. Maybe mine was fast because they are just down the road from me physically but even still, Melbourne isn't exactly many weeks in transit from Sydney.

16. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

Perhaps. I would assume some heat pipes are better/more effective than others. More may not actually mean better, I'd love to see a direct comparison between original and knockoff. I think one of the reviewers, can't remember who (Linus or Steve perhaps?) said they were planning on picking up one of the knockoffs to do a comparison, that would be interesting.

It took 2 weeks to receive a mini amp I'd bought on Ebay. Included a tracking number from some courier I didn't recognise, tracking was non-existent from the point the courier acknowledged receipt of the item.

Return address of the sender was on the package. It was in Moorabbin, literally the suburb next door to Cheltenham East where I live.

It wasn't dropshipped either, it was faulty and I was able to go to the senders address 5 minutes drive away to get another (although they initially resisted my doing this and wanted me to take a refund and order another).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  17. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

My 3900x from FTC still has not arrived :thumbdn:

18. RnR

RnR Member

AMD financial results...

FY2019
    revenue $6.73b operating income $631m net income $341m diluted EPS $0.30
    Gross margin 45%, up from 38%
    debt reduced by $524m
    Free cash flow is $400m, up from $79m

4Q19:
    Computing and Graphics segment revenue $1.66 billion, +69% YoY and +30% QoQ

Snagged from this thread - https://twitter.com/IanCutress/status/1222269727814365185

GoneFishin22 and OJR like this.
  19. chook

chook Member

Numbers for 3200MHz and 2600MHz are here now: https://forums.overclockers.com.au/posts/18426037/

Looks to be about a 6-7% increase in the score going from 3200 to 3600. Unsure what that means for reality.

20. OJR

OJR Member

I'm going to ring these fuckwits right now... I'll report back shortly.

EDIT: "The number you have called is not available from this service"

Looks like a fake number at the bottom of the invoice email. Luckily I paid with Paypal. I think I will ask for a refund, I don't want anything to do with these pack of kents.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020