Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. arasta

arasta Member

with any luck those of us with ebay plus will get a tech deal % off at some stage. i got a freebie plus last year and it was part of how i only paid 450odd for the 3700x (tho partly it not being covid affected when i bought helped too); it has more than covered what i would have paid for it with all the savings ive made so far. the 4k series will be landed before thanksgiving / black friday hopefully, so if a free join comes up before then i can definitely recommend taking up. you can always ditch it before the year is up, but the free express ship boost and some of the % off deals/tech deal weeks should be very worth having in pocket when you get to the point of dropping te coin on one...

took a look for asus 1.0.0.6 on the hardwareluxx bios thread but dont see it for my board yet :( looks like asus is about halfway through the boards so hopefully it wont be much longer. all the b550/x570 are covered and its the upper tier x470 and even x370 boards that have it so far, it seems....

edit: it seems asus is adding some new stuff to some bioses tho - tech powerup notes that the beta CHVII 3101 bios opens up per CCX clocking, tho it seems that this might not be new(been on CH 570 apparently). or that there is per ccx voltage control. still, if that comes to other boards thats an intersting pitch from Asus..

https://www.techpowerup.com/268281/...es-in-beta-bios-updates-for-asus-motherboards

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    MUTMAN likes this.
  2. Dunska

Dunska Member

New version of Ryzen Master out also - 2.3.0.1591. Has a small, basic view option. I had to manually check for updates in Ryzen Master to get it - the auto update daily check did not seem to pick it up.
    https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

3. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

Hmmm..

Ordered on the 7th July 2020 from Amazon Uk, Via Amazon Au,

Arrived today.. 13th July 2020..

That's 6 days!!!..

raincloudx and combatant3219 like this.
  4. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Has anyone had any issues trying to install the latest chipset drivers on a x370 board? Mine just fail to install everytime...

5. RnR

RnR Member

Some boards needs an earlier bios installed before the latest can be installed. I know this is the case with my brother's Gigabyte x370 board.

Edit: ahh fark.. read bios in your post.... not chipset drivers... sorry mate.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020
    the_antipop likes this.
  6. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I got around to installing this a couple days ago. Definitely helps with RAM.

My Klevv 4x16 (Hynix CJR) c16-3200 would run at c16-3600 pretty easily previously, all it needed was a little bump up on the DOCP voltage of 1.35v, up to 1.4v, but still occasionally got a bit flakey, particularly with YouTube of all things. This update now has it rock solid at 1.35v c16-3600 no matter what I'm using it for. Only the frequency has been changed from the DOCP settings for c16-3200.

Apart from that small, but welcome, improvement in RAM stability, I can notice no other changes.

RnR likes this.
  7. arasta

arasta Member

the remainder of the 1.0.0.6 bioses for asus boards appear to have dropped. reads like a substantial changelist.
    "Improve system performance
    Improve DRAM stability
    Improve system stability
    Improve system compatibility
    Fixed AI suite 3 issue
    Update AM4 AGESA to 1006
    Fixed HDMI and DP sound issue"

downloaded my one but it will be a bit before i get to fiddle with it.... havent seen stability issues yet but more stability is definitely welcome.

M1ck1 and RnR like this.
  8. glnn_23

glnn_23 Member

museumman likes this.
  9. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

how u seeing the improvement over the 3900X?

dont think ill be buying the XT from ya though, haha, just got a 3700x off here to replace the 2600,

10. Dunska

Dunska Member

New AMD Chipset Drivers 2.07.14.327:
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x570

Supports:
    3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors
    3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Graphics
    AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processor with Radeon™ Graphics
    7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    AMD B350 Chipset
    AMD A320 Chipset
    AMD X370 Chipset
    AMD X399 Chipset
    AMD B450 Chipset
    AMD X470 Chipset
    AMD X570 Chipset
    AMD B550 Chipset
    AMD TRX40 Chipset

Package Includes:
    AMD Chipset Drivers
    AMD Ryzen™ Power Plans (required for UEFI CPPC2 in Windows® 10 May 2019 Update)

coolroy, stiben and darkbastard like this.
  11. asho444

asho444 Member

Well I'm officially on board the 3000 train. I just ordered the 3600 for 260 from amazon.
    I couldn't justify waiting for the 4 series at that price. Also I don't feel comfortable flashing my b450 board to a bios that only supports zen 3 as amd has a history of bad bios lol

Super keen to see what I can get this too with the h80, it does an awesome job on the 2600 currently

mesaoz likes this.
  12. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

Now running a 3900XT on my X370 Crosshair VI Hero, had a couple of stability issues with the latest BIOS so went back to a previous version and just updated the chipset drivers, should be interesting to see how this things runs

13. asho444

asho444 Member

Holy shit say what you want about amazon. Ordered Friday the 24th, shipping from USA and out for delivery today with DHL. That's a week faster than it took umart and aus post to get a package an hour up the highway

hellaflush, pksw and tunksy like this.
  14. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Curious to know how it goes. Tempted to get a 3900XT or a 3800XT to pop into my rig (same mobo) to tide me over to Zen 4/AM5/DDR5.

15. Goosegamer

Goosegamer Member

When I popped it in to begin with after updating the bios to 7803 it booted fine initially with out much recourse, I wound back my memory to 3200 to start with to have a bit more stability, then started playing around with it a bit, it started having boot issues and throwing code 8d and 8 on boot which would cause it not to boot at all, I wound back the BIOS to 7704 updated to the latest Chipset drivers which are listed in this forum post, it basically has stabilized the system substantially, I ran 10 passes of intelburntest on standard just to see how it was behaving, everything seems to be working well so far and I even upped the memory to 3600 and it still seems stable so far

I did run intelburntest on maximum for awhile but not having much experience with it I didn't know how long it typically takes to run one pass, but didn't crash out, I have yet to update to the latest BIOS with the latest chipset drivers, gonna have a play over the next few says and see how it all goes

the_antipop and RnR like this.
  16. Dunska

Dunska Member

17. RnR

RnR Member

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

Interesting thing I've found is doing a negative voltage offset keeps the clocks at the same speed, brings the load temps way down... But also has a lower end score on a benchmark despite the clock speeds being the same.

19. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Honestly the entire hysterics around Ryzen degradation is such utter nonsense, typically by people that clearly have no fucking clue about hardware whipping eachother into poorly informed hysteria.

PiNoY likes this.
  20. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

It seems to be typically only the old-timers, anti-corporates or those wanting a premium for their used products that slam amazon. I have nothing but praise for both AmazonAU and AmazonUS both regarding price, delivery and returns/warranty. Heck amazon don't even care what reason you use to return items and you get a full refund

On-topic though, upgraded my 3600 to a 3900x as it came up very cheap for me. I am surprised that the 3900x runs cooler than my 3600. Nice 3k Cinebench boost too. Should do wonders for my astrophotography stacking and editing.

MUTMAN likes this.