Ryzen 3000 series CPUs

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by luke o, Dec 27, 2018.

1. RnR

RnR Member

Looks there is a serious bios issue...

https://www.overclock.net/forum/10-amd-cpus/1728758-strictly-technical-matisse-not-really.html

So take reviews with a small pinch of salt.

2. Straferight

Straferight Member

Was getting hyped to (unnecessarily) upgrade from my 8700k. Hype has now died.
    Still a solid offering and great leap for AMD.

3. Kyorisu

Kyorisu Member

X570 users (except that ungodly priced one) please report chipset fan noise.

Zenskas likes this.
  4. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Just for anyone wondering or curious - both MSY and Umart don't have ANY stock yet. Apparently asking customers to "keep an eye on the website", MSY even gave the ETA as 2 weeks. Didn't realise they were so far behind the 8 ball.

EDIT: Just ordered the 3600 from PLE. $320 including delivery. Keen to see how she goes under my AIO cooler.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Rod M and museumman like this.
  5. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

msy is probably hiding under a rock after breaching NDA and showing prices lmao.

THERE IT IS ...... wouldnt be a amd cpu launch without some bios problems lol

RnR likes this.
  6. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

That's what I'll be doing with my little A12 9800.. If I can find a 1700 cheap, It too will double performance.

Because I missed a deal, I'm not looking at upgrading my 1800X.. I nearly pulled the trigger on the 3700X at $467 Computer Alliance eBay.
    But since I missed out, I'll just live with the 1800X, and show myself out of the thread for now.

7. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

yeah im really loving having a 28 degree card atm i just need to find some one selling the 3700x before they change the 3700x price on comp alliance so i can price mattch. 467 is a insanely good deal for fresh cpu.

i bet they forgot to jack the pricing with the discount and this will never be reached again (bellow rrp going off direct conversion of the 329.99 usd without including tax) / logistics costs/ profit markup

8. SSJ4

SSJ4 Member

Honestly I'm more worried about longevity of the fans.

I don't understand why the board manufacturers didn't just put a real heatsink with fin stacks rather than a stupid fan and a hunk of metal.

9. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

was watching the bearded review dude........ going off his testing im agreeing with the fan but i recon heatsinks + fan should have been the choice

10. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Did you guys see OC3D's review of the 3000 series? He basically said unless you really want USB 3.2 and PCIe-4 then X470 will still work fine, even PCIe-4 SSD's will work at there full speed on X470 providing it's paired with a 3000 series chip ;).

As far as the chipset fans didn't AMD or a motherboard manufacturer say they were only needed when using PCIe-4 SSD's in RAID? Because it was the RAID that was causing the chipsets to overheat.

11. Luke212

Luke212 Member

is a b450 ok for a 3900x?

why does the x570 need a fan if a fanless b450 does similar stuff?

12. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

There was a post earlier with a spreadsheet that basically outlined it. Depend what B450 but should be ok as long as its at stock clocks.

13. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Not only x470 boards, but some x370 boards, namely the ROG Crosshair, also offer nearly identical performance to the x570. I’m not looking at a pcie4 gpu, so happy to stick with my C6H.

14. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I don't see why B450 wouldn't work, probably wouldn't be sticking the 3950X into it unless it had some serious power delivery and cooling though.

X570 needs the fan because of PCIe-4, it causes the chipset to run hot, PCIe-4 is why X570 is so much more expensive as well, so many more components and crap needed to make it run. As for X470 supporting PCIe-4 SSD's, we hardly saturate the PCIe-3 bus with current SSD's and GPU's come no where near saturating it.

As it stands PCIe-4 really has no place, at least not this year.

If it wasn't the need for a better board layout and better power delivery I'd be seeing if I could keep my current one as well but... the layout sucks and power delivery wont handle the 3950X great I don't think.

Edit, has anyone seen a review for the ASRock X570M Pro 4? I can't seem to find anything. It's the only X570 mATX board, probably will be the only X570 mATX board by the look of things :(.

15. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

With the prices of some of the boards, why doesn't the X570 have a tiny, little closed watercooling loop that goes over the chipset, vrms, M.2 heatsinks, and then goes around the whole outer edge of the board to cool off?

Have you seen how much shroud is on most of the motherboards.. I'm calling bullshit that they couldn't have fully hidden a silent, long lasting, self contained watercooling system on all of the boards..

If someone's paying $1300 for a god damn consumer desktop board, they deserve more than a piddly little fan!

16. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Probably because a fan is quicker easier and most importantly cheaper to implement than watercooling... The watercooling guys will surely have a chipset block eventually.

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  17. Luke212

Luke212 Member

pcie 3.0 is completely maxed for many years by nvme drives. why would you say its not? getting double speed would be nice!

18. SomeBoredGuy

SomeBoredGuy Member

im just happy my x370i is getting upgrades.

i got it for 149 brand new when x470 wasnt even announced....... rather not have to buy another mobo :)

the_antipop likes this.
  19. Kelvin

Kelvin Member

Heads up ..
    A couple of ryzen 3600 still available at sub $290 delivered at ebay..
    Be quick

20. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

I just want a damn good quality mATX board, most have shit power delivery, cooling and the M.2 slot under the GPU :rolleyes:.

Getting tired of seeing mATX especially on AMD get shafted, they seem to make them as an after thought. ITX is to small for 90% of things and ATX is to big with most of it going unused by most people.