Ryzen 3rd Gen - The demon

Discussion in 'PC Build Logs' started by diablo1105, Oct 25, 2020.

1. diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

Been away from the PC build scene for about 5 years now and decided to upgrade from my current 4790k (which will go to the wife) and build myself a new rig.

Planned Spec

CPU: Ryzen 3rd gen
    Cooling: Corsair H150i Capellix
    Motherboard: Asus Strix X570-F
    Ram: Either Corsair Vengence RGB or G.Skill Triden Z Neo 3600 - 2 x 16GB
    Graphics Card: RTX 3070
    Primary Drive: Samsung 970 Evo Plus Nvme SSD - 1TB
    Secondary Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro Nvme SSD - 2TB
    Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2nd hand - Thanks OCAU!)
    Case: Lian Li 011D - White
    Fan Pack 1: 3x Corsair LL120 White (2nd hand - Thanks OCAU!)
    Fan Pack 2: 3x Corsair QL120 White

While I'd like to get a 3080, I feel with stock being low it'll be difficult to get for a while.

Pics and build to come.

PCPP Link: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/NKnhy4

D

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    BuzzPuppy, macktheknife and nCrypt like this.
  2. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

Keeping the Dell U2515?

3070 or 3080 seem like a waste if they are not on a decent monitor!

Memory, i like the gskill purely for the flat timings 16-16-16, alkl corsair kits are 16-18-18, or the like, not flat timings.

GL with the build, i u se to have a white RM1000i with white sleeved cables, seems like you are going to a complete white build!

3. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

That is going to the wife. Got a 34" 3440x1440 monitor which should do well.

Main reason for the corsair ram is to keep to one ecosystem plus not a ran of having the writing on the top of the ram.

But yea going more white over the standard black as I'm wanting this to be a bit more of a show piece.

nCrypt likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

Some of you might ask why I didn't go the Asus X570-E. While I had every intention of getting the E over the F, the 20% off flash sale had them sell out immediately.

While I would have liked to have the 2.5G, more USB3.2, etc. I didn't need it as I was looking at B550 originally and the 20% off allowed me to go X570 so better bandwidth regardless and might try and go to a X570-Hero/Formula after a few years down the road.

For the storage, while I could have gone a 2TB sata ssd, I know I'm not going to upgrade this as soon as everything (after recently marrying), so went for something that will be speedy and take advantage of the upcoming nvidia tech.

For the fans/aio, I already have a K95 XT so it just makes it easier to keep in 1 ecosystem vs 2 or 3 (Asus, CM, etc.)

Finally I will be getting a bit of additional lighting via the Phanteks RBG strips as per below and order the white extensions for the psu.
    https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B07XLPH8WW?tag=hwcaussie-22&th=1

Yes I could have gone Corsair but I love the way these look and will add that extra pop for the front of the case.

ETA on Parts:
    AIO - Sometime next week (Nov 2 hopefully) - Scorptec
    Case - Nov 5 (Just the O11 DW not the XL variant.) - Amazon
    Fans - This weekend - Umart
    GPU - This week - Umart/Computer Alliance
    CPU - Next week - Umart/MSY/Computer Alliance
    RAM - This week - Umart

5. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

So unfortunately, I missed the 3070 orders but looks like I might delay until the RX 6xxx series launches with the additional performance vs a 3070 for not much more (waiting for reviews obviously lol)

But, Case, RAM and 3 of the fans all purchased this week.

Now to wait for the AIO, CPU, additional fans and the GPU....eventually lol

6. one80

one80 Member

Yep, I'd wait for the 6xxx series to see if the Smart Access Memory is as good as it sounds :thumbup:

7. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

Thanks one80. So preordered my 5900X on launch day so should be getting this next week.
    AIO re-ordered as Scorptec's stock had an unknown ETA so ordered from Amazon.
    GPU is the final part but it's a waiting game.

Hopefully we'll have an answer in 2 weeks.

8. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

While I'm waiting for the last of the gear to arrive. Pics of what's occurred so far.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

macktheknife likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

Happy to report that the AIO arrived today but still waiting on Computer Alliance to grant me a 5900X. Hoping to order and get a RX 6800 or XT tomorrow night at midnight from Umart.

With luck, should have my rig online by Saturday

10. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

Well, tonight I get the 3070 master and the 5900X from Umart!

Will post pics of final installs before the week is out.

11. andrew_88

andrew_88 Member

Got any updates? I'm actually in the process of building something quite similar to yours. Still can't decide whether to go black or white. How much did you get the mobo for? I was considering the B550-F Gaming (Wifi), however it doesnt have the Type C header for the case. So I'm considering the X570-F Gaming, but it doesn't have Wifi. I do however have an AC68 on my current rig to move it across, but not sure if I want an extra piece in there.

12. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

Apologies for the slow update. It's been very busy.

I got the X570-F for $311 as I saw a flash sale on Ozbargain via Computer Alliance's Ebay page. Tbh I was intending on going the x570-e but it sold out immediately.

I'm running EoP so the Wifi issue isn't there for myself but just get a small $15 USB dongle and it'll do the trick no issues.

As for the build, I went black mobo, aio, gpu and ram and it looks amazing as the pics below. Offset with the white Corsair fans and the white extensions (will be moving to a full kit in the future).

Honestly, the pain of the build was all the Corsair fans and the aio as cabling this was not fun due to the proprietary hubs, etc. Would recommend either going CM RGB Halo fans or Lian Li Unifans.

As for the GPU, I dropped down to a RTX 3070 GB Master and no regrets, love this card! Just the right amount of RGB, the screen is a fun edition and is one of the better looking cards imo.

Now for the completed build pics:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. andrew_88

andrew_88 Member

Looking good. I ended up getting the B550-E as that provided the Type-C header as well as Wifi 6. I didn't need the extra PCIE 4 that the x570 chipset offered either, so I'd thought to save a few bucks there. Funny you mentioned, I ended up with 6 x CM MF120 Halo instead of going for the corsair fans, hopefully it won't be a pain to cable. All I'm waiting on now is stock on the case and the CPU from Amazon, been 2 weeks already but it's on back order.

14. OP
    OP
    diablo1105

diablo1105 Member

What's the case you're going with?

15. clrobbo

clrobbo Member

Nice build. Good to see you reversed the side fans to get some real positive pressure in the case.

16. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

Looks schmick! Nice!

17. Elmf

Elmf Member

Nice build, now for the sake of my OCD pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee comb those PCI-E cables. Please?