Ryzen 5 - RAM issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting Help' started by Danorama, Aug 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Danorama

Danorama Member

Ive just recently put together a new computer with the following specs
    Ryzen 5 1500x
    ASRock - AB350 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard
    Team Elite 8GB(2x4GB) T-Force Vulcan Series Dual Channel DDR4 3000 MHz
    Nvidia GTX 960

The motherboard manual specifies that the ram modules be installed in slots 2 and 4 of the motherboard but when I do this only the ram in slot 2 is recognised; in the bios and windows. I have used both modules in both slots and the same results occur. If I put the RAM into slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 3 the computer takes about 4 attempts to start up but does eventually turn on and the 8GB of RAM is successfully recognised although not at the 3000mhz it should be running at.

If I put just one module of ram into slot 4 still nothing is recognised. Should I be worried that the slot is faulty? Is there any other further troubleshooting I can do before I think about getting it RMA'd

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

You could look into the slots and see if there is any crud or grunge with some good light and a magnifying glass.

3. i7Baby

i7Baby Member

4. TaroT

TaroT Member

you probably sorted this already but ignore xmp docp and manually set the ram to 2666 16 16 16 etc and 1.35v
    if that boots try 2933 16 16 16 etc.

that should work i have a set of team extreme 3600 ram which is Samsung b die but it won't go past 2933 for whatever reason.

if that all works you can try tightening up on the timings a bit but remember if geardown is enabled you can't use odd numbers so 15 is out disable geardown to get 15's