Ryzen 5000 Series Discussion

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Skramit, Nov 7, 2019.

1. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

Yeah don't think its worth the extra IMO, a 5700x might be more interesting next year...

AdamMB23 likes this.
  2. th3_hawk

th3_hawk Member

I think that's the motherboard in my Sons machine with it's 1500x right now. Short answer seems to be not currently, but it might be possible with a firmware upgrade if ASUS ever decide to release one. In my case, the plan for his machine is to repurpose my Ryzen 5 3600 into that which is listed as compatible, but you should be mindful that your RAM might be slower than might be ideal. In his case it's only 2,400 Mhz, but even so, the 3600 will be a very nice step up and I'll look into overclocking the RAM, but being budget g.Skill Fortis 2400 (F4-2400C15D-16GFT) I'm not expecting too much from it... we will see soon enough.

Here is a nice table, although a little bit older now: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-x570-chipset-first-gen-ryzen-support,39474.html

For my machine, my current RAM is a Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB kit running at 3600Mhz for 1:1 on the Ryzen 5 3600, it's listed as capable to 3733Mhz so it should 'just work' at that speed, no idea if it can be pushed any further. In googling I found this story talking about issues with people looking for 4,000Mhz: https://www.pcgamer.com/au/amd-zen-3-infinity-fabric-lottery/

Again, soon enough I will see what it runs at and as they go out in the wild we will get a better view of what works and what is ideal.

Attached Files:

3. Worthy83

Worthy83 Member

So I'm all in on a complete AMD system, 5900x and motherboard ordered last night, Intel CPU, motherboard and GTX 1080ti sold this morning. Now hopefully I can get a 6800xt on launch cause I'll be gaming now on the kids PC rocking a i5 4670k and GTX 1060

4. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

5. kot0005

kot0005 Member

6. kot0005

kot0005 Member

you just recommended Umart and shoppingexpress like a day ago..LMAO Shopping express is the same, i thin they are owned Umart or MSY ? idk

you change your mind faster than Linus

7. Luno

Luno Member

I thought the recommendations were a joke probably

8. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

That was my thought too - they don't seem to have overhyped these CPUs, so hopefully it bodes well.

9. Ratzz

Ratzz Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Adored TV spends more time defending his incorrect positions than he does actually providing any content worth listening to or reading. He doesn't even have a chip to test, and he is calling 5000 overhyped. Every other reviewer that I've seen is heaping praise on 5000, and those are reputable channels which actually have chips to test.

I don't even bother with his opinions any more.

bobsled likes this.
  10. neRok

neRok Member

Looking at LTT review, the 5600X is better than I expected in gaming. Might have to sell the 3900X.
    If gaming only, and if a specific game you want to play doesn't need all the cores, then 5600X just looks the best. Obviously get's smashed on anything "work" related (rendering/compiling/encoding/etc), but still so good. And in fact, 5600X has more cache per core than 5800X. Comes with a cooler too, which might affect the rest of your budget.

AdamMB23 likes this.
  11. SKITZ0_000

SKITZ0_000 Member

This is probably what you're looking for: https://www.skycomp.com.au/crucial-...00hz-memory-black-bl2k32g36c16u4b-743142.html

Buildzoid did a livestream the other day using these and the $11 cheaper 3200 sticks. Since his channel is called AHOC, he basically started at 1.6v and managed both 3800C14 and 3800C12 (at like 1.8-2v). This is probably what I'm going to get myself.

Not really an indication of what you could run them at daily/stable, but it shows that they do scale and the Zen2 IMC can handle them fine. I'd expect 3800-4000c16 or <3800C14 depending how many volts you're willing to pump through it - similar to Rev.e 16gb sticks.

Attached Files:

12. shirl

shirl Member

sorry.....................

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  13. RnR

RnR Member

Gibbon and combatant3219 like this.
  14. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

15. Malakai

Malakai Member

Umart doesn't get involved in the pre-order bullshit, they have live and accurate stock on the site. If you can click it and check out then you receive an email within a couple of hours and pick up your order or it ships if you pick delivery.

If it says out of stock, it is, and if stock is expected it gives you a 'notify me' option where you enter your email and you receive an email as soon as it changes to in stock. Then you can place an order.

It really is as simple as that with Umart. They are my default choice because their head office/warehouse is close to me and I just order and pop down there and pick up. If anyone is looking to get their name on a list for a product and place an order and give a retailer money before the retailer has the actual stock there are heaps of other stores that will take your money. Umart doesn't play that, what you see is what you get.

I usually pick Umart first (closest to me), Computer Alliance second (another Brisbane PC retail staple) and then probably Scorptech (always had great service from them, I've called them and the manager has answered the phone) then I move on to PCCG and MSY etc. Last night I ended up getting an order through for a 5950X with Scorptech because they had the best ETA, I could have got an order through with Computer Alliance but no ETA listed and being a smaller retailer (I think) I figured my best bet for first wave would be Scorptech.

As for Umart I love their no frills approach.

16. AdamMB23

AdamMB23 Member

I was originally looking at the 5800x but the 5600x as surpassed what i thought it would be. It is hard to ignore, especially for that price point.

17. RnR

RnR Member

18. shirl

shirl Member

lol this is what happens when i havnt had my coffee and not wearing my glasses,so sorry..:rolleyes:

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  19. hellaflush

hellaflush Member

I agree, Umart is always my choice unless they don't carry the product line (*cough* watercooling *cough*). I just would like a date of said stock. Every other retailer has posted ETA's and knows when stock is planned to arrive.

20. .Radiant

.Radiant Member

Not sure if its new or not but it looks like MSY have their 5600x listing active. All in VIC.