Ryzen 5000 Series Discussion

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Skramit, Nov 7, 2019.

1. shane41

shane41 Member

Waiting to see the cpu score in 3D benches. Well more of them for a guide

2. PureFire

PureFire Member

You can check the 3DMark Results page

3. raincloudx

raincloudx Member

4. Evasive

Evasive Member

5. shane41

shane41 Member

Thanks guys, interesting links. :) Though I'm more after the 5600x vs 8700K in a heavy OC watercooled mode.
    To see cpu score that way in 3D benches. It's to early yet to see useful data in HWbot. Have to wait

6. Elyzion

Elyzion Member

The new amd processors are so amazing everyone in the Intel section is out buying them. There’s no activity there now. Since Intel is dead. lol

7. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Posted this in Anand , but why not here.

Put this in image format for effect, .I guess it speaks for itself , but apart from the comical exact match in percentages, In a nutshell, Whilst it seems weird. Single threaded Perf, Going from top tier Zen 1 (1800x) to Top tier Zen 3 , is like going from the embarrassingly deficient FX8350 to a 1800x , all a year earlier.

5000png.png

Quite crazy considering Zen, whilst we knew had room to grow, was considered a bit of a one off leap based off what we were accustomed to year on year.

crazy times and amazing execution from AMD and I think is a good indication that even if Intel hadn't stumbled with their Cadance, whilst they might not have lost the performance crown right now , the gap would have narrowed signifcantly.

James086, aphexer, Sgt Bilko and 2 others like this.
  8. chook

chook Member

The forums seem to sometimes have a mind of their own when trying to post images. Sometimes it just goes strange for me and I haven't quite been able to narrow it down to a specific set of circumstances.
    In Zen 2 if you didn't keep a 1:1 ratio, even if disconnected, you would introduce about 8ns of latency into the RAM.
    Won't somebody please think of the children!
    Nobody ever got into a hobby to save money. It is something you do to enjoy and it costs you money. Money you work hard to earn so you can enjoy it.

FIREWIRE1394 likes this.
  9. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Just a FYI. IF/M/U are all 1:1:1 btw. Ram timings, it may just be my board.... but ryzen dram calculator gave me an unbootable config (which worked perfectly fine on my 3800x).

I'm tempted to up the ram voltage and just crank the frequency up and see if i can get somewhere near 4000...... :)

10. Sgt Bilko

Sgt Bilko Member

That's nuts man, crazy how far Zen has come in a relatively short time.

335 GT likes this.
  11. chook

chook Member

I got the same thing on my 3900X after updated AGESA to 1.1.0.0. Could be changes in the BIOS/firmware?

12. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

I was forced to load optimized defaults to get the 5900x to even boot. So i'm pretty sure whatever setting that is crashing it is just memory.

I don't really have the patience/time right now to figure out what in the memory settings i am changing that is causing the issues as i'm applying everything in the dram calculator. I have a sneaking suspicion it is more than likely command rate being set to 1t, but i'll give it a go some other time :p

13. chook

chook Member

I updated AGESA, loaded optimised defaults, rebooted, applied dram calculator settings, rebooted, failed, loaded optimised defaults, set XMP to on and moved on with life for the same reason as you, heh.

14. samblurr

samblurr Member

Hey guys.. just need to know if I’m doing the right thing here.. upgrading my 6600k which is running 4.4ghz (oc) all cores. I game 95% of the time with the usual discord, Spotify etc running in the background. Also run a 1080ti 11gb..
    Reason for upgrading: cpu is constantly sitting at 98-100% usage while gaming.

Going to a 5600x, b550 tomahawk

I’m right in saying this is a massive performance increase right?

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post.

Umbrella Corp. likes this.
  15. FIREWIRE1394

FIREWIRE1394 Member

Thank you for that image.

When I got an 1800x, I got my friend one too. Mine was to play around with, his because he was using an 8350 as a daily, and it was having trouble keeping up.

I am sure he will love to see that chart that his 3 year old chip (that he loves) is now as crap as his 5 year old bulldozer was.
    I know a few people still happy with the first gen Ryzens, but seeing a chart like that as an enthusiast... damn, an 1800X must only be worth $100 now :)

mAJORD likes this.
  16. m0n4g3

m0n4g3 Member

Should be a really good performance boost.

Keep it cool, and it will boost to the skies and trump anything you can throw at it! :)

samblurr likes this.
  17. jvalente

jvalente Member

Don’t have the cash to get the 5900x but am willing to preorder and pay a deposit to queue (what the 3080 experience and retailers were doing).

doing seem to be a thing with these cpus and retailers though?

18. bobsled

bobsled Member

How many are opting for the 5900x over 5950x? Coming from Threadripper gen 1 and 2, I'm contemplating options of shuffling TR gen1 to someone else, moving 2nd gen across, and latching back onto a 'standard' desktop platform with X570.

The switch means losing cores (unless I opt for 5950x), and fewer PCI-E lanes to go round - 16 for GPU + 4 for single NVMe + chipset = tapped out, not including add-in cards. (is the chipset included in 'usable' PCI-E lane count?)

19. shane41

shane41 Member

lol fs forums. Intel's 10th gen are priced too high. - 100 to 200 now I'd expect

335 GT and FIREWIRE1394 like this.
  20. jvalente

jvalente Member

Hoping to maybe snag a cheap intel cpu on cyber Monday (9700k). If I can get one for 200-300 new I won’t be switching to AMD. AM4 is on its last iteration so maybe not a good idea to switch yet. Those who switched earlier got a good run for their money on AM4 socket

al'Thor likes this.