Ryzen 5000 Series Discussion

Discussion in 'AMD x86 CPUs and chipsets' started by Skramit, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Luno

Luno Member

well I mean as long as PLE is good with their eta I’m very happy to preorder it knowing the shipment hasn’t actually landed yet.

2. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Yeah but if they don't cut the preorder off it'll be Ampere all over again, thousands of orders that will go months before being fulfilled.

Luno likes this.
  3. 335 GT

335 GT Member

I'm up north, I was planning on swinging by wangara like I did last time and there was plenty of stock.

No dramas, it's not like I need one.

Luno likes this.
  4. Will S

Will S Member

I wonder what I can get for my 3900x ? Is it worth it going for a 5900x over 3900x?

Yes, the benchmarks look good but for gaming they showed the benefits with the latest GPU ( 3090 )...going to have to find benchmarks that show how it will help a 2080 . Havent looked that hard, just saw a few youtubes including hardware unboxed

5. demiurge3141

demiurge3141 Member

None of those are real reasons though. You either need those cores for work or you don't.

Kookooburra likes this.
  6. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Ah thanks for the info, but i am in Cairns so pickup would cost me about 8 days and $900 fuel :p
    I was just wondering if they were operating Saturday my order would change from waiting to allocate to yeah we got it, sending Monday.

7. stiben

stiben Member

8. OP
    OP
    Skramit

Skramit Member

oh lulz. they ship direct from their warehouse so i guess u just gotta wait

Nethiuz likes this.
  9. M1ck1

M1ck1 Member

Pc world did benchmarks with 2080ti

10. OJR

OJR Member

Forget it, Intel gaiboi.

thecondor likes this.
  11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie New Member

Anyone order a 5950x from scorptec? When I added to cart it said the ETA was 10/11. That is also on the emailed receipt I got too. When I looked later it said sold out. I didn't get my order in until 1.09am. I don't believe the 10/11 ETA but I hope I am in the first batch though.

12. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

I was this close >||< but I don't need it till probably January, and I figured the launch couldn't possibly be as much of a clusterfuck as the nvidia launch, so I decided to wait. Hope that turns out to be a reasonable plan. I think it will.

F1Aussie likes this.
  13. Nethiuz

Nethiuz Member

Yeah no rush, most interested in the new CPU so i can get SAM for the 6900XT.
    So got a few weeks :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  14. Aussiejuggalo

Aussiejuggalo Member

Nope, you'll never get one now ;).

Gibbon likes this.
  15. Gibbon

Gibbon grumpy old man

Please don't feed the FOMO :D :D

16. Externalz

Externalz Member

I did, my order was placed at 1:05AM there socials said limited stock coming this week. Fingers crossed Tues/Wed

17. Phido

Phido Member

Your right.
    Well normally I wouldn't, my home PC would be email, gaming, etc. The 8 core wasn't a big investment over the 6 core, so I was happy with the 3700x.

But I will be working from home for the next 6+ months. I am basically going to be producing videos from home as my job, every day. My job is basically now being a youtuber. I need to produce hours of content every week. Originally I was doing this half heartedly, as a make do situation, but now its likely to be an on going thing. And your right, if it saves me 15 minutes a day it will be worth it. I'll be using it 8+ hrs a day 5 days a week.

The 5950x is the best desktop workstation CPU on the market currently. I'll get that.

Kookooburra likes this.
  18. Malakai

Malakai Member

I'm in the exact same boat as you, I too ordered a 5950X from Scorptec at 01:09am and I got the same ETA.

Interestingly another line item has appeared on the order:
    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X - Awaiting Stock Availability
    AMD Ryzen 3800XT / 3900XT / 3950X / 5800X / 5900X / 5950X Game Code - Awaiting Warehouse Allocation

Looks like we are getting that Far Cry 6 game code. That's nice because no doubt I was going to buy that game at some stage after its release.

From what I have read here and in other places regarding Scorptec they are expecting their stock of 5900X and 5950X to arrive to them on Monday or Tuesday and then start sending them out or preparing for pickup. So hopefully we are in the first delivery batch.

IIRC PCCG said that they can cover 60% of the 5950X orders that they received before 9am in their first stock delivery. Hopefully Scorptec ordered similar numbers from their supplier and being in the first ten minutes of orders we should be good for delivery by the end of the week.

I made sure to select express post for my order, I don't want to be waiting for a slow AUS Post truck from down south to get across the QLD border.

F1Aussie likes this.
  19. nCrypt

nCrypt Member

when i ordered my 5900x from scorptec, farcry6 was not listed.

so hmmm.

20. Malakai

Malakai Member

Yeah same, but my order was updated manually today with it as a new line item.

nCrypt likes this.